Best of r/radiohead

Scatterbrain

• 4 months later...

Ed has become really unlikeable a huge cliche this press cycle.

His kids can afford to pants their education for their dad's self-indulgent Brazil trip because their dad's in Radiohead. They don't need to go to uni and they don't need a trade. Their old man will give them money to 'have the invaluable experience of global travel' from ages 18 to 25 and then when they feel like it, they'll get a cushy arse PR job at XL designing splash pages and deciding between fonts.

One rich English fellas view on Brazil is probably completely different to the average Brazilians. That country is fucked. The mix of the poor and hungry still against the controlling rich, then the expanding middle class, it's a classic goatfuck. It's like going to India. Do you actually want to live like the average Indian? Probably not. But get first class rail and nice hotels and yeah, I bet the curries banged.

• Like 2

Notice how Jonny doesn’t do what Phil and Ed does in interviews trying to down play Radiohead?  Jonny Colin and Thom are Radiohead.  As a bass guitarist I can tell you how difficult it would be to make the great lines Colin does based off of Thoms demos.  Radiohead is Thom, Jonny, Colin and Nigel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, truelove said:

I am Reddit’s Gilgamesh_Johnson

and the pure and uncomplicated love I feel for this man is life affirming!  I’m not afraid to share this on other platforms.  I’m not saying that I don’t love my friends and family.  But this is a messy sort of love, stained of human folly .  I find the love I feel for Thom at a distance, on the other hand, to be unspoiled by any truth that I don’t wish to see or cannot see from a distance. I don’t believe in god so naturally Thom is the next best thing.  Tell me how I am being silly?

furthermore, I find that all thoughts unaligned with constant meditation of Thom’s splendor too be a kind of eternal dead zone.  A fall from grace.  A paradise lost, if you will.  
oh well, must return to work.  “Abandon all hope, ye who enter here” lol 💕 u Thom!

Nice. I like Thom too, but I don't worship him (anymore). Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...