Official LP10 Speculation Thread

6 hours ago, Zane said:

Oh god yeah. present tense. Telling that I totally forgot that was even on there when that’s one of the best songs they’ve ever written 😞 horrible arrangement 

There's a Winamp plugin by default, called Justin's Stupid Stereo Remover or something. It's basically Out of Phase Stereo, like they do in karaoke to erase the middle channel

I like to play some songs with it mixed 100% wet. Radiohead do interesting stuff with the L/R channels, lots of buried sounds. You can basically hear all the texture parts

The weird thing about the Present Tense is the guitar parts are mixed to the sides. The samba bullshit rhythm is in the middle.

So with this Winamp plugin you can actually hear just the guitar part for Present Tense & my, it surely is beautiful. Sure it knocks the vocals out too, but there's some stripped down beauty in the guitar, and makes me dream... They really overegged that one

• Like 2
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You don't grieve then suddenly start publicly rocking up to flash-in-the-pan label fashion shows with a new piece a few months later. For a bloke who's made his art and millions from being an ove

imagine the rest of the band acting like they listened to eob when they talk to ed

I hope they find the energy in the studio again. For me TKOL and AMSP were very sterile. I think Nigel thinks stripping the energy away makes it more elegant or something. It just makes everything sno

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Glitchd said:

Radiohead do interesting stuff with the L/R channels, lots of buried sounds. You can basically hear all the texture parts

Particularly on amsp.  Also, lots of hidden treasure on Super Collider.  The latter is still not one of my favs but now that you gave me the x-ray  Q goggles on winamp, should double o, triple o out next time I make a run on gummies 

• Like 1

Not quite sure why present tense gets all the dis on here.  To me it sounds super 70s space opera bargain bin dive meets classic rock Stephen Miller band but in a redeemed Tarantino bump style fashion cus the song is NOT gay and never was but IS totally groovy

7050915A-66F4-4807-957F-4703B44E9A86.gif

Edited by Girl in the Purple Dress

lol literally listening to Supercol Lider through that Justins Stupid Stereo Voice Removal now

on 100% wet it's the gorgeous Piano with all the other stuff removed - though not all the way thru

Not as dramatic as present tense

Other songs I recommend listenign to like this:

- reckoner (omg the gorgeousity)
- Feral (it's basically the fun sound effects n drums)
- 15 step (you can clearly hear when they switch from Casio drums to Phil, and the tape wind sound effect(?) over the start & the guitar chords get beautiful)
- fitter happier (basically strips out the robot & piano so it's strings & PANIC OFFICE)
-  how to disappear (strings, man and that fuckin music box thing)
- national anthem (it's everything but the bass)
- true love waits (it's crazy to just hear the main piano part with no little delay and echoes of thom)
- airbag (shows how crazy chopped up the drums are and some beautiful background parts)
- house of cards (with only the background delay & reverb shit it sounds like gy!be)
- weird fishes (the guitar shit is nice with layers but omg the bubbling middle 8 thing)

• Like 1

I mean all I’m saying is it’s ok for present tense to put on a little rhinestone, some clashing jewelry, a little blush and glitter on the cheeks.  Maybe you didn’t expect him to be hanging out at the renovated trailer Knick-knack shop, but he does , and that’s where you get invited to his Saturday night tiki-bar extravaganza! With great mixed drinks and eccentric company who all sit around and make fun of bad 50s sci-fi movies.  Maybe you get a little too drunk and stay the night and no one asks any questions cus we’re all just living life here, honey!

• Thanks 1

Present tense is a lot nicer than Identikit, who is “The Wizard” but he’s not really a wizard. He just calls himself that , and he’s got a van with all kinds a strobe lights and strange music coming out, and when you walk into the van you remember some things but it’s mostly all a blank and then you wake up on the floor crying but you don’t know why.  “Get the fuck oughtta here if yer gonna cry!”  Yells the Wizard and you run out without knowing where you are or what time it is.  I’d skip pass the Wizard

Edited by Girl in the Purple Dress
20 hours ago, Girl in the Purple Dress said:

Present tense is a lot nicer than Identikit, who is “The Wizard” but he’s not really a wizard. He just calls himself that , and he’s got a van with all kinds a strobe lights and strange music coming out, and when you walk into the van you remember some things but it’s mostly all a blank and then you wake up on the floor crying but you don’t know why.  “Get the fuck oughtta here if yer gonna cry!”  Yells the Wizard and you run out without knowing where you are or what time it is.  I’d skip pass the Wizard

You don’t have to do this shtick you know 

• Like 1

I wonder what slightly outdated electronic music genre they will awkwardly Co opt for LP10?

Would LOVE an album of them doing garage.

Thom shouting the odds about coppers n rival dealers. Blazin MC skills for da yoot as Jonny lays down electric beats

My god ur creep b b b b b b but my god u no it

RECOGNISE

• Haha 1