Official LP10 Speculation Thread

I would do a Happy Mondays:

Bung a load of money into a trip to Magaluf and load the studio up with loads of Blue Mitsubishi ecstasy tablets, just, go fuckin banana guy, Go fucking Banana. All set up, music, drugs & the sun: The Pure Life. You ready for this radiohead? You ready?

... Only Ed steps off the plane onto the sandy shores, Ed there, grinning wide, eager to start, as the coast wind whistles by

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You don't grieve then suddenly start publicly rocking up to flash-in-the-pan label fashion shows with a new piece a few months later. For a bloke who's made his art and millions from being an ove

imagine the rest of the band acting like they listened to eob when they talk to ed

I hope they find the energy in the studio again. For me TKOL and AMSP were very sterile. I think Nigel thinks stripping the energy away makes it more elegant or something. It just makes everything sno

Posted Images

I hope they find the energy in the studio again. For me TKOL and AMSP were very sterile. I think Nigel thinks stripping the energy away makes it more elegant or something. It just makes everything snoozy. Identikit and Ful Stop are prime examples 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Zane said:

I hope they find the energy in the studio again. For me TKOL and AMSP were very sterile. I think Nigel thinks stripping the energy away makes it more elegant or something. It just makes everything snoozy. Identikit and Ful Stop are prime examples 

me too

On 10/11/2020 at 12:38 PM, Zane said:

I think it worked for TKOL considering the nature of that album, but AMSP really could have benefited from a little... breathing room... and I agree, after hearing Ful Stop and Identikit on the 2012 tour, I was pretty damned disappointed by the eventual studio versions, Present Tense too... like it's all there, it just feels a bit lifeless. 

True Love Waits fuckin' rips though, and Daydreaming is top tier RH.

• Like 2

The "problem" with our favorite band is that they always want their new albums to be fresh and distinct from their prior work, almost to a fault.  But since their back catalogue is so extensive and musically diverse, this task becomes increasingly harder each time around.  That said, I'm hoping that after TKOL and AMSP, and with this long break, they'll be comfortable rocking again.  And the good news, is that we all know Thom has been writing new songs during Covid (i.e., Plasticine Figures) and I'm sure there are many of these given his creative energy.  Hopefully the band has been circulating and working on this during their extensive break.  

Edited by First Against the Wall
Clarity
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, chernobyl2 said:

I think it worked for TKOL considering the nature of that album, but AMSP really could have benefited from a little... breathing room... and I agree, after hearing Ful Stop and Identikit on the 2012 tour, I was pretty damned disappointed by the eventual studio versions, Present Tense too... like it's all there, it just feels a bit lifeless. 

True Love Waits fuckin' rips though, and Daydreaming is top tier RH.

Oh god yeah. present tense. Telling that I totally forgot that was even on there when that’s one of the best songs they’ve ever written 😞 horrible arrangement 

• Sad 1