Thom Yorke - ANIMA

KrK22

Do you ever wonder if thom writes a tune and thinks “hey this is Radiohead level (Dawn Chorus) but I should probably keep it for my solo thing so it’s not shit” (everything else on the record) 

Edited by Zane

On 6/28/2019 at 1:05 AM, KrK22 said:

"Dawn Chorus" is probably Thom's most beautiful/heartbreaking solo song yet. It sounds like it could have been included on A Moon Shaped Pool. The album as a whole is very good, but that track is definitely the standout for me. 

to me its a perfect companion piece to daydreaming thematically and texturally and I think it would have made an ideal closing track on amsp. it feels almost like a conclusion to that emotional thread and could have gone a long way to making that album a more complete concept.

that said its strong enough that it deserves to be the centerpiece of this body of work so its all good

8 hours ago, Zane said:

Do you ever wonder if thom writes a tune and thinks “hey this is Radiohead level (Dawn Chorus) but I should probably keep it for my solo thing so it’s not shit” (everything else on the record) 

Nah he politely infers how good it'd work on a solo record and they sort of go 'well... guess he's owed one.'

Dawn Chorus, Black Swan are two of his top five tracks.