Do you have more faith in Radiohead's judgment after listening to the minidiscs

mr. mojo risin'

On 6/19/2019 at 1:44 AM, omensetter said:

the most confusing thing about their editorial process is that, in spite of how critical and careful they clearly were, they still allowed Electioneering onto the album 

Electioneering is great though

• Thanks 1

I think the most interesting thing for me is that knowing that having listened to Thom's, Jonny's and Phil's solo work they are all on a similar course in regards to the type of music they output. It's not being forced by one particular member. I'm sure when Ed's solo work comes out there will be plenty of similarities as well. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

17 hours of Kid A stuff would restore my faith 

Or would it ruin it further as "wtf they had this in their vault all along?"

Massively hypothetical anyway. The minidiscs are a nice listen but Thom taping James Bond music off the telly and vamping chords gets sorta old

But the gold the gold the gold.

I like the unmastered OK Computer tracks as basically from that album on Radiohead albums have been brickwalled to fuck n back

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 6:32 AM, omensetter said:

gotta say i'm more interested than ever to get a glimpse at the Kid A/Amnesiac sessions because I can't imagine imagine taking the crazy amount of material and weird experiments they had their hands on in that period and trimming it down to Kid A's track listing

I feel bad for past you, here

I just hope future me laughs at how foolish my doubt was here

What was the outro of optimistic from? A fourteen minute Colinoddysey?

Just now, Ron said:

outro to optimistic be a diffint voyshen of optimistic!  Airbody know dat, cuz!  Somma us wanna hear dat shit!

Ah mention dis shit cuz, and dis be it's charm:

It's got a possibly intentionally awkward splice even in the middle of THAT

It's already like two segments of a longer piece shmushed thegither to make a longer whole

What is it FROM though.

So like. The meatsack up thread asking WHAT WOULD YOU EVEN WANT ANYWAY?

I just say: What you got?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On reflection I understand why they would not hawk their private minidiscs unless prompted

To them it probably seems like the actions of a desperate band, one as likely to put out a Greatest Hits as record a new chart smash

They're DJs, their webcam nights used to be cool, they're SELEKETAS

I think Radiohead see the album as the statement you build up to

So the minidiscs are like the components that merely add up up to the whole

Like if I baked you a cake. And it was such a scrumptious mmmm amazing FUCK MAN SINCE WHEN COULD YOU BAKE cake mmm!

To the point you start buggin me for the recipe. So I put out a recipe book with a few inaccuracies but yknow.

You keep buggin me. That FUCKING CAKE! And you want to see the eggshells and you want to see the fuckin flour bag, the lot.

And Genius Me, Cake Queen of Chicago/Not Chicago would just be all, Radiohead like,

"Sheeeit dawg I threw all that shit out. The cake's the thing yo. Now get off my property"

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 7:44 PM, omensetter said:

the most confusing thing about their editorial process is that, in spite of how critical and careful they clearly were, they still allowed Electioneering onto the album 

god I love electroneering are you trolling?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 5:11 PM, Glitchd said:

OK so you love it and that makes it objectively good

Lmao you're not God

yeah, i was mostly using the implication that it’s impossible for electroneering to be disliked to emphasize how much i like it

no beef here mate!