Kid A/Amnesiac Refresh - The Longest Wait or Pipedream?

thatthere

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm thinking October 2. 

On 7/6/2021 at 2:11 PM, PyramidHead88 said:

I'm also tired of the Tiktoks but I'm not expecting anythng until Oct/Nov.

If they stop arsing around and put this together.  Stanley is flogging art in other outlets (including the folio society, very posh)

so seemingly he's not working on anything for the Kid A anniversary release. 

Just who is holding this up.  I want answers.  

15 hours ago, thatthere said:

So I'm thinking October 2. 

If they stop arsing around and put this together.  Stanley is flogging art in other outlets (including the folio society, very posh)

so seemingly he's not working on anything for the Kid A anniversary release. 

Just who is holding this up.  I want answers.  

Maybe he's already finished? Could be witing for Kid A's 21st anniversary?

Nigel insists that "Kid A was written in the studio, basically".

https://consequence.net/2021/07/nigel-godrich-from-the-basement-series-interview-exclusive/

Hey, record it, then play it live or play it live then record it.   Both work for me. 

Nigel seemed a bit impatient with greg's (obvious) point that the songs played live are almost like reinventing the music.  (And live versions vs studio are reinventions rather than mimicry.  And we each have our favourites to love/hate.)  Nigel's finer point is that you gotta figure out how to express the bleeps and bloops in a live setting with instruments when the songs are "written" in the studio instead of Thom sitting on his bed.   

Maybe that was new then, but it's not now.  Didn't they say they had to learn how to play TKOL live?   We'll soon see if slimmed down projects like The Smile result in an entirely different studio feel.  

On 7/24/2021 at 8:13 AM, PyramidHead88 said:

Maybe he's already finished? Could be witing for Kid A's 21st anniversary?

That's a hopeful thought.  

“There is some kind of sound generation or digital editing or arrangement on every track of the ‘Kid A’ and ‘Amnesiac’ albums. Some more than others, as you can probably tell,” he says. “We mainly used the Mac as an instrument to create new sounds or treat things to make new sounds rather than using it as a multitrack device.” -- Nigel