Happy Anniversary Amnesiac - Kid A/Amnesiac Thread Returns

thatthere

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be, be excited…yes use the it’s happening meme.  As a very long time favorite band, I am so glad I am getting a remaster of Kid A and extra.  Also, One more Radiohead album to make it a perfect ten.  Fingers crossed on the latter.

edit:  Nigel I know you look at this board please make it happen you are a member of the band too at this point.

Edited by booger bear

Ok guys and gals they just released another video with what seems to be a countdown from their last one.  What they are doing is strangely like the worm buffet faces they did before the announcement of In Rainbows.  This is obviously about the Kid Amnesiac re issue so we will get an announcement by Monday or possibly on Saturday.  It’s time to freak out because it’s happening!!!….and within the next few days.

Edited by booger bear

Someone posted a thread on Reddit asking users to guess the name of the re-issue and someone said Kid A/mnesiac I totally think this is what it’s going to be called because they purposely misspelled words in amnesiac.

Edited by booger bear

I mean Kid Amnesiac seems so lame but Thom would have it called Kid A/mnesiac.  It goes with the Amnesiac spellings of song titles and the special edition.  That user might have some inside information because it sounds like a total Radiohead move.  

Edit: nevermind looking at their post history it’s just a guess the user made that I agree with. 

Edited by booger bear

What does the light bulb mean next to David Bowie’s helicopter on my avatar mean?  These things are new.  Wait do I have mod powers now?

edit: no I do not but I should be given mod powers.  Lol also I see that Ade looked at my profile when I had to swear at him in dm to get rid of that spammer troll after 8 dms to do it before and he suspended me for my profanity but it got his attention and now we have a clean forum.

Edited by booger bear

Well, someone has spotted that we've spotted. All the 2021 releases have gone from the ISRC website.

Off topic but I am also a very old member of the site, I've been around long enough to literally have the t-shirt (a red ateaseweb.com one). I've never really posted much as I take far too long to think about what I'm going to write generally so everything's moved on by the time I say anything.

I also recently found my perfect song facsimile CD-ROMs, now there's an old long lost site!

From the user who claims to have ties to XR. Same dude who reported the Nov release a few months ago. He says it’s called Kid Amnesia 

“official title, as far as i know

think this is just going to be the two albums remastered (?), all the b-sides and a disc of outtakes

nothing as extensive as the okc dump”

Edited by PyramidHead88

3 hours ago, PyramidHead88 said:

From the user who claims to have ties to XR. Same dude who reported the Nov release a few months ago. He says it’s called Kid Amnesia 

“official title, as far as i know

think this is just going to be the two albums remastered (?), all the b-sides and a disc of outtakes

nothing as extensive as the okc dump”

This displeases me.

I dunno, I mean... finally getting releases of fucking FOLLOW ME AROUND and Say the Word, not to mention some other curiosities, and collecting the b-sides on vinyl? Hell, I'm good with that. I've wanted those b-sides all in one place for years. 

I think we got spoiled with the mini-disc leak... but honestly 35+ minutes of unreleased shit is pretty cool. 

3 hours ago, chernobyl2 said:

I dunno, I mean... finally getting releases of fucking FOLLOW ME AROUND and Say the Word, not to mention some other curiosities, and collecting the b-sides on vinyl? Hell, I'm good with that. I've wanted those b-sides all in one place for years. 

I think we got spoiled with the mini-disc leak... but honestly 35+ minutes of unreleased shit is pretty cool. 

I’m happy with this too. They could probably include a new version I Might Be Wrong in a box as well, no? Believe those recordings are all from 2000 and 2001 but I’m not going to fact check!

1 hour ago, PyramidHead88 said:

Looks like I'll be refreshing this page on my phone at work all day tomorrow!

I only say that because Mews posted a video a week from Friday saying this ends in a week.  Typically things are announced on Monday’s but maybe this time it’s On a Friday.