Happy Anniversary Amnesiac - Kid A/Amnesiac Thread Returns

thatthere

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, booger bear said:

Okay that tells us we will have an acoustic version of follow me around without the later lyrics.  Pretty big reveal.  Also, excited for it.

It also confirms that the 2 strings tracks are just that. Slightly surprised FMA is just a solo acoustic version but still looking forward to hearing it.

As I’ve said previously I think the ‘album’ will be more of a mood piece than some kind of great new song presentation. Some people are going to be livid.

I continue to think the exhibition ‘game’ could have more of the audio stuff we’re looking for (with just a slight expectation of trolling from Thom and it’s just stems from the album tracks).

It’s pretty clear this release is very much the Thom and Stanley show and that’s fine. I’m not sure we’ll actually get an interview with Thom with the music magazines at all now. This is very much about the art

I would not take this reviewers opinion to judge.  Thom described they recorded follow me around long version with him and Ed on bass with a drum machine.  Sounds like we will get a kid a version of the one we heard on MPIE which is around the same track length.  I don’t think this person heard anything.  Just trying to get the jump.  They are going to use FMA as the lead single next month.  Plus if it is just Thom and a guitar from 2000 that will make us all wet.  Essentially this completes every old fans dreams.  Follow Me Around even if it’s just young Thom solo is still everything we needed and I will listen to it all fall.  I waited over 20 years for it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POmiH-DvJ1U

Edited by booger bear

1 hour ago, booger bear said:

I would not take this reviewers opinion to judge.  Thom described they recorded follow me around long version with him and Ed on bass with a drum machine.  Sounds like we will get a kid a version of the one we heard on MPIE which is around the same track length.  I don’t think this person heard anything.  Just trying to get the jump.  They are going to use FMA as the lead single next month.  Plus if it is just Thom and a guitar from 2000 that will make us all wet.  Essentially this completes every old fans dreams.  Follow Me Around even if it’s just young Thom solo is still everything we needed and I will listen to it all fall.  I waited over 20 years for it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POmiH-DvJ1U

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still excited to hear a complete in the studio version of this song but I do value what the rest of the band bring. I wouldn’t disregard what the reviewer says though, they must’ve heard it as I’m not aware the Thatcher lyrics have been noted before (Danny Ecclestone has been around for years, he’s no hack) and it’s pretty bold to say it’s a solo acoustic version if you’ve not heard it? The only possible thing is that he’s being a bit loose with what ‘solo acoustic’ means, but I think that’s unlikely.

I think there’s very much a reason why they haven’t confirmed anything else on the exhibition game (and probably won’t) until this is out though.

3 hours ago, PyramidHead88 said:

Do you guys think the game will drop the same day?

Here's a statement I would put zero faith in:

"As for the two Radiohead albums, it is likely that they will be re-released along with a series of previously undisclosed documents on November 7 of this year on the Epic Games Store, which is expected to be the date the exhibition will begin."

https://www.newsnpr.org/radiohead-is-about-to-hold-an-exclusive-event-on-the-epic-games-store/

"Undisclosed documents" --  Research yielded nothing from Epic games, namethemachine or Arbitrarily Good Productions giving any November date.  (I emailed them weeks ago and got no answer.)  If i were RH I'd stagger the digital exhibition release with the anniversary music and art on Nov 5 . . .  which means they'll likely do something on the same day.   

Really, though, I am hopeful that the Epic game will have some audio treats for us. 

If not, I will be mighty disappointed by this whole reissue anniversary ordeal. As someone mentioned above this DOES feel very art oriented and while I love the artwork from the era, it’s all about the music for me. 

5 hours ago, booger bear said:

Yeah it doesn’t make any sense when Nigel said they have tons of recordings from Kid A and Amnesiac compared to OK Computer but let us see what this game gives us.  But Dan does deserve some lime light.

My theory, based on nothing, is that whilst thom saw the minidisc leak as full of a lot of not very interesting stuff, they saw the ‘value’ and interest from all the downloads. They put their thinking caps on to think up a way to be able to do something like that release, but with some artistic merit (in their eyes). We’ve then ended up with the digital exhibition.

I also suspect the bonus disc fell out of Nigel doing all the work for the exhibition. The reason why they’ve been so tight lipped about the game is  then for fear it would harm sales of the physical releases.

You’re right though to say expect ‘nothing’. I’ll still be happy to hear stems from the albums as I love to hear how stuff is constructed, whilst wishing they could’ve provided more.

I still wonder what my short original tape is from my a moon shaped pool special edition.  I think they did mostly In Rainbows cuts for the short tape they included.

edit:  a moon shaped pool was awesome to get after what the king of limbs was.

Edited by booger bear

The digital exhibition will be a blast for us.  I think we'll get an unreleased song called "Little Cinema".  You will find it when you head over to the "Theater" which is off to the right of the "Dead End Halls."

Edited by thatthere

Actually that would be really cool if the game includes secret songs the users have to find in the game.  I really hope it does that.  I honestly would not put it past this band if that is what it is.

edit: okay you have me excited for the game now because the band have been this innovative before.  I think you are correct.

Edited by booger bear

from Reddit, not sure if it's legit or not... could very easily just be educated guesses tbh

I've been in contact with someone who knows what some of the Kid Amnesiae songs are. Here's what I know now:

Like Spinning Plates (Why Us) is the "dodgy kraftwerk" version of I Will

Pulk/Pull TLW Version might be the "tape loop" version of True Love Waits from the OKNOTOK Cassette with the vocal track on!

Untitled V2 is Momentum, has an alternate version in the game

Morning Bell In The Dark is the Paris version No word yet on any of the other ones, including whether or not there's a large amount of new material in the game.