Happy Anniversary Amnesiac - Kid A/Amnesiac Thread Returns

thatthere

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/9/2021 at 7:21 PM, thatthere said:

does the EPIC games exhibit make it more or less likely that the library will get a sprucing up?  They took a lot of time and effort to build it, chances are they will add a lot more in coming months 

i would guess that the recordings that will appear in the exhibit world are ones that would be best presented that way rather than as tracks to click and listen!!    i read on one of the pages that the exhibit is a digital/analogue universe, which may or may not mean that it is a large environment, so if the recordings play in specific locations, there could be quite a few in there! 

So it looks like I read too much into the 7" center label part of the description for the vinyl set. I thought it meant there would be a playable groove at the center of each record, but it's just a smaller than traditional label. I thought the pictures even showed a groove there, but I checked my AMSP vinyl after seeing this post on the Steve Hoffman forums, and there's just blank vinyl that the label doesn't fully cover. Looks like no hidden b sides after all  :(

20210916_170439.jpg

1 hour ago, Mlohned said:

So it looks like I read too much into the 7" center label part of the description for the vinyl set. I thought it meant there would be a playable groove at the center of each record, but it's just a smaller than traditional label. I thought the pictures even showed a groove there, but I checked my AMSP vinyl after seeing this post on the Steve Hoffman forums, and there's just blank vinyl that the label doesn't fully cover. Looks like no hidden b sides after all  😞

20210916_170439.jpg

Who cares about this shit? 7” labels, purple vinyl. Vinyl enthusiasts are so weird. Who fuckin cares. (Garbage reissue)

Edited by Spaghettimatt

I could only justify the $20 book this time. Lets hope that Kid Amnesae is worth it. Maybe its better than we expect but going to hold my breath. It would have to be pretty great to justify no Amazing Sounds of Orgy. And we all know the band hates Fog-- but Worrywort getting a snub too.?

On 9/14/2021 at 9:06 AM, section 917 said:

I remember the Radiohead Byzantine Ziggurat webpage..It seemed like an interesting idea but I had no idea what it was supposed to be..

Ziggurats are totally on brand for the band

I can't say that about any other band I Iisten to

An artist created a 7-level bronze mandala ziggurat which was shown at the Rubin Museum. <-- random 

On 9/15/2021 at 10:57 AM, duaessences as clay become said:

i would guess that the recordings that will appear in the exhibit world are ones that would be best presented that way rather than as tracks to click and listen!!    i read on one of the pages that the exhibit is a digital/analogue universe, which may or may not mean that it is a large environment, so if the recordings play in specific locations, there could be quite a few in there! 

mouse over or click -- I think the audio will be amazing

Edited by thatthere

https://www.thebookseller.com/news/canongate-announces-two-new-books-radiohead-1278778

"The work chronicles their obsessions at the time: minotaurs, genocide, maps, globalisation, monsters, pylons, dams, volcanoes, locusts, lightning, helicopters, Hiroshima, show homes and ring roads. What emerges is a deeply strange portrait of the years at the commencement of this century. A time that seems an age ago – but so much remains the same.

It also features a dialogue between Yorke and Donwood about the creative process and a specially commissioned essay, "Kid Alphabet", by Gareth Evans about Radiohead’s body of work.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:10 AM, thatthere said:

since Nigel says they shot a lot of stuff (can't remember where at this precise second for a link) my guess is there's plenty to choose from as far as raw footage.  There's a real question as to whether the Coda series is just gonna be for already produced FTB segments, or whether goodies will also be part of the programming.  Even though stuff was shot, it's not established that it was edited, color-corrected, mastered, etc... [A savvy interviewer would ask Nigel that - hint hint music journalists] 

On 8/4/2021 at 9:33 AM, chernobyl2 said:

we know from a recent pic from Jonny of the IR: FTB setlist that Up on the Ladder was originally slated for inclusion, I'd love to know if there were more songs they tried that ended up getting cut... but I'd especially love to see that version of Up on the Ladder

After scrolling through all the offerings in the Coda Collection (via Prime) there are some From The Basement shows, but the sole RH appears identical to be identical to what we've already seen (anyone buy into Coda?  Too lazy to even join for a free trial).  Nothing tempting (Booger, there is a PJ Harvey FTB,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKWUs4tdV08

but that four song set is online already), and we've seen the Thom Yorke session.  

FTB artists:

https://fromthebasement.co.uk/artists/

do i need to watch old shows (Hendrix, etc), no not really. Coda to me is a bust, and old timey thinking, off the biggest Bezos platform 

but to bring this around to topic, no unreleased Up on the Ladder or FMA video from Nigel;  so here's to FMA on the anniversary release, which I foolishly failed to anticipate despite ALL THE SIGNS 

What's great is that the day it's released they are going to release a Follow Me Around video.  We know it's the long version with a drum machine and Ed on Bass Guitar.  Beryl is going to make her panties wet.  Sorry, Beryl if you see this but it's your favorite song and you will have to keep your panties from slipping when they release the Follow Me Around video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POmiH-DvJ1U&lc=Ugw6jMDDf_oSnmHULe14AaABAg.8GcWqOHc7Ax9SZyUB1b4IL

Edited by booger bear