Happy Anniversary Amnesiac - Kid A/Amnesiac Thread Returns

thatthere

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read that the big book (the 360 page hardback art catalog) contained digital landscapes, I was wondering what those were....besides the blips.  Maybe the big book contains some of the EPIC artwork?  That would be cool.  Though maybe it on'y contains stuff from that era 

"Whilst these records were being conceived, rehearsed, recorded and produced, Thom Yorke and Stanley Donwood made hundreds of images. These ranged from obsessive, insomniac scrawls in biro to six-foot-square painted canvases, from scissors-and-glue collages to immense digital landscapes. They utilised every medium they could find, from sticks and knives to the emerging digital technologies." 

On 9/8/2021 at 7:08 AM, duaessences as clay become said:

Nigel had mentioned last year that they were considering using the public library for some of the material; whether they will actually do it would be hard to tell!!  

does the EPIC games exhibit make it more or less likely that the library will get a sprucing up?  They took a lot of time and effort to build it, chances are they will add a lot more in coming months 

Well it was nice to wake up to this new bit of stuff for November. I assume this is the idea for the art that Thom was talking about ages ago. I wasn’t entirely sure the books were just it when they were announced as they’re not the newest of ideas are they?

There’s clearly going to be ‘new’ audio scattered throughout this, the questioned will be how broken down it’ll be. Just stems from stuff we already know about? Little fragments of things unheard or more complete bits of alt versions?

Hopefully those who extracted all the stems out of the guitar hero games will do some hacking work on this

Depends how much this interactive art exhibit is.  If it’s over 20 bucks nah I will just watch it on YouTube.  Cuz that is what this is.  I bought both special editions back when they were released.  I bought the new cream vinyl and then 360 page art book.  I would rather this be under 20 bucks or else fuck off.  Give me free stuff now.  I am done spending money on this release now.  Cash grab.

Edited by booger bear

48 minutes ago, booger bear said:

Depends how much this interactive art exhibit is.  If it’s over 20 bucks nah I will just watch it on YouTube.  Cuz that is what this is.  I bought both special editions back when they were released.  I bought the new cream vinyl and then 360 page art book.  I would rather this be under 20 bucks or else fuck off.  Give me free stuff now.  I am done spending money on this release now.  Cash grab.

Alright Spaghettimatt! 😄

Haha but no I have already spent so much money on these albums, three special editions.  I am not going to shell out anything more than 20 dollars more for what is a interactive art exhibit when I already paid for the 360 page art book.  I’ll just watch it on YouTube.

edit:  I lied I Will anyway 

Edited by booger bear

Kid Amnesiae
E
1. Like Spinning Plates (‘Why Us?’ Version)
2. Untitled v1
3. Fog (Again Again Version)
4. If You Say The Word
5. Follow Me Around

F
1. Pulk/Pull (True Love Waits Version)
2. Untitled v2
3. The Morning Bell (In the Dark Version)
4. Pyramid Strings
5. Alt. Fast Track
6. Untitled v3
7. How to Disappear into Strings

1 hour ago, thatthere said:

Kid Amnesiae
E
1. Like Spinning Plates (‘Why Us?’ Version)
2. Untitled v1
3. Fog (Again Again Version)
4. If You Say The Word
5. Follow Me Around

F
1. Pulk/Pull (True Love Waits Version)
2. Untitled v2
3. The Morning Bell (In the Dark Version)
4. Pyramid Strings
5. Alt. Fast Track
6. Untitled v3
7. How to Disappear into Strings

Garbage.  Who actually wants to hear anything on side F?

Edited by Spaghettimatt

2 hours ago, Grumophone said:

So you don't want more tracks that were maybe of lesser quality, you want something even more concise?

Make a consistent argument

Jesus Christ. I want demos/session recordings of the Kid A and Amnesiac songs (and maybe early versions of HTTT songs) in progress, showing the creative process. Like we got for OK Computer on the cassette. Like many bands put on their super special edition reissues (e.g., the recent Beatles reissues).  Like Nigel alluded to in interviews last year. It’s not that fucking complicated. 

The creative process/sessions during this period was not garbage. Three untitled sound collages and two isolated string stems is garbage. 

Edited by Spaghettimatt

16 minutes ago, Spaghettimatt said:

Jesus Christ. I want demos/session recordings of the Kid A and Amnesiac songs (and maybe early versions of HTTT songs) in progress, showing the creative process. Like we got for OK Computer on the cassette. Like many bands put on their super special edition reissues (e.g., the recent Beatles reissues).  Like Nigel alluded to in interviews last year. It’s not that fucking complicated. 

The creative process/sessions during this period was not garbage. Three untitled sound collages and two isolated string stems is garbage. 

Right, I was being slightly facetious. I know what you want, but saying that people who can 'accept' what they are providing with what they have revealed so far are happy to accept fart noises is a stupid argument. These sessions you crave could be just that (they probably aren't but the band may feel that much of it amounts to that).

The digital 'exhibition' thing looks like it may well contain some of what you have been looking for. I know you warmed to the possibility of that but then you followed it up with the garbage thing again, which just smacks of organised anger. 

None of this of course has yet been released yet to judge it. It's like people being disgusted and complaining about something they haven't seen on TV.

The absolutism of internet speak can be tiresome.

Yes, I'm pretty sure everyone here would like to hear every dodgy Kraftwerk version, wrong turn and discarded song at least once. We may still get a lot of that, we may not. If we don't I will be frustrated, but I can accept that. It still doesn't make what they're releasing "garbage".