The Smile - New project w/ Thom, Jonny, drummer Tom Skinner and Nigel

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Scatterbrain said:

Thanks. I bought a ticket and watched it on the stream first. It was worth it, but I'm glad to have a video to keep permanently.

'Skating' sounded great. Repeat listens are going to be good fun, processing the rest of it -- guitars, quite rocky, some fairly short and punchy tracks. Impressed by Thom's bass skills. And it'll be interesting to see where this project goes next.

I hope that the lack of response means that Girl with the Purple Dress was finally banned.  But I love this direction my god the guitar work from Jonny.  OMG.  Damn if Radiohead makes a fucking punkish album in their 50's.  Yes.  

10 hours ago, booger bear said:

I hope that the lack of response means that Girl with the Purple Dress was finally banned.  But I love this direction my god the guitar work from Jonny.  OMG.  Damn if Radiohead makes a fucking punkish album in their 50's.  Yes.  

Yes, I agree I love that he is using proper minimalistic techniques in almost all the songs. His time studying Steve Reich is paying off big time in this tracks.

I love Jonny's guitar work on Thin Thing.  A lot of this is kinda early punk and I wish it was done with the full band though fuck Phil.  If this is the direction and a LP 10 would head or a These are my Twisted Words yes please.  Make it a perfect ten boys.  My guess a one off album off soon but not from Radiohead.  

Posted (edited)

I believe purple dress was finally banned after multiple requests and DMs by me now we can go back to talking about Radiohead and the members side projects.  If mods were assigned initially this would have never have happened.  

They continue to update their instagram with weird videos so I assume this is build up to a release of the Smile EP or LP sometime in the coming months.  Or for June for a Kid Amnesiac reissue SE!  Both very welcome.  

Edit: TikTok account which I am surprised they use because the platform is suspect and affiliated with the CCP.  

Edited by booger bear

Firt time i write here even if i'm a memeber since a long time ago. I would like to have the lp has much has all of you but i can't get over all the whining! People get your shit togheter please. We've already got the single and it's spectre. I wish for more too but try to remember that radiohead don't own you anything. It's a pleasure to read you everyday but please stop to talk shit. And by the way identikit is gonna be amazing if the beat is faster. Peace to you all and let's hope the smile lp1 will show up soon.

• 3 weeks later...

My good man. Refusal to believe would indicate that I do not believe. I don't know why I'm arguing with you. The other day you were having a conversation with yourself in which you pretended you had just got off the phone with an alien.

On 6/21/2021 at 3:17 PM, Girl in the Purple Dress said:

I think it speaks volumes that nobody really cares much about this right now

I suspect people actually very much do care about it. However, it’s pretty much impossible to talk about anything with you vomiting over pretty much every thread 

• 2 weeks later...

Ash, (or whatever aliias you must use)

Listen, baby... It ain't our fault your daddy didn't hug you... and it's not our problem that you never got help in processing your daddy issues... but don't you ever think to yourself "Damn, I lead a boring life, and maybe I can find something better to do with it other than trolling a Radiohead forum?"

Get well soon, you impotent turd.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 2:20 PM, PyramidHead88 said:

Thin Thing is fantastic! I hope we get an album.

It's finished now, according to greg.  

In an interview with the Coda Collection, Godrich revealed that Smile has finished an album, and it’s “not a rock record. …It’s an interesting juxtaposition of things, but it does make sense. It will make sense.”