18 hours of Ok Computer stuff leaked?

Fuzzyste

Okay my first order of business is digging into some of these unknown songs and ones that the guy who wrote the timestamp files says he vaguely recalls and trying to figure out if they're stuff we know.

One of the descriptions seems to suggest one of these is a version of old Reckoner?!

2 minutes ago, chernobyl2 said:

Okay my first order of business is digging into some of these unknown songs and ones that the guy who wrote the timestamp files says he vaguely recalls and trying to figure out if they're stuff we know.

One of the descriptions seems to suggest one of these is a version of old Reckoner?!

I wanted to do that, too. But it's overwhelming...There's a lot of Thom solo stuff. 

9 minutes ago, MarkGrace said:

Disc 3 at 19:35 with the reversed drums/bass.  That bit sounds quite a lot like a building block for Like Spinning Plates.

It actually made me thing a little bit of this instrumental from MPIE: https://youtu.be/9XnSISpba0w?t=3886

also the electronic bit before Big Boots.

Edit: sorry that MPIE link is dubbed. it was the first youtube vid i found.

Edited by PackofSandwiches

10 minutes ago, chernobyl2 said:

I thought many of these would be stuff that's been heard and the person couldn't identify, but a ton of this I don't think has been heard by anyone before.  The song at 1:04:31 is hard to tell if it's old Reckoner because it's barely anything.

Edited by MarkGrace

20 minutes ago, DokiDokiJeff said:

LIFT ON DISC 15

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

Why wasn't this the version released? Radiohead makes some weird ass decisions.

I can't decide between the two versions man. Disc 15 has a raunchy take with those distortion guitars panned to the left, but Disc 16 (the 2nd mastered take) from 1:00:10 onward is smooth af. Two different moods. The raunchy one is more of a day time radio vibe, but the 2nd one is more beautiful and wanting.

1 minute ago, devilhood said:

I can't decide between the two versions man. Disc 15 has a raunchy take with those distortion guitars panned to the left, but Disc 16 (the 2nd mastered take) from 1:00:10 onward is smooth af. Two different moods. The raunchy one is more of a day time radio vibe, but the 2nd one is more beautiful and wanting.

I haven't heard the disc 16 version yet.......

Just now, DokiDokiJeff said:

I haven't heard the disc 16 version yet.......

I feel like the one on Disc 16 was the intended version for release.

Also, based on the order of sessions on the tape itself, it would have been a sweet track listing for the album release.

Airbag
Paranoid Android
Subterranean Homesick Alien
Exit Music
Let Down
Fitter Happier
Climbing Up The Walls
No Surprises
Electioneering
Lucky
Karma Police
The Tourist