18 hours of Ok Computer stuff leaked?

Fuzzyste

On 6/6/2019 at 7:16 PM, Glitchd said:

On 6/6/2019 at 7:16 PM, Glitchd said:

Man, Thom's lyrics are getting worse and worse

The above from page 30 was a criminally underrated response to the following post. I laughed a lot

On 6/6/2019 at 6:49 PM, appearcomposed said:

My iPad just stopped working last night so now I can't watch movies while I run on the treadmill anymore. Very disappointing.

........ BLAME IT ON THE BLACK STAR! 

😂 

(a bit of "58 hours" for page 58 funnily enough) 

Edited by Belisha Beacon
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, audionerd said:

You can use Mediahuman Audio Converter. It's free and easy to use.

Drag and drop the audiofiles and cue sheets and you will get tagged files of all tracks.

Thanks for this!  Is there a way to use this with-out re-encoding the mp3?  Not positive but think what I just did with Mediahuman re-encoded the files.

Edited by Agent Cooper

Can't be arsed to read 57 pages so apologies if this has been posted before.  There a post on reddit with instruction on how to split the 19 minidisc files into their separate tracks.  It's fairly simple to do just update Java and download a file then run a cmd file and its all automatic.  Link here:

http://www.on-a-friday.com/OKComputerLeakedMaterialCues/

Note: This is not the actual minidisc music files just the cues to split them up.  

I am running as Admin but I keep getting this error:

Error: Unable to access jarfile .\pcutmp3\pcutmp3.jar

Edited by Acroyer

I wonder if the band recorded a balls-out rocking version of The National Anthem during the Kid A recordings like the 4 track demo on 10.8 before it manifested into what was officially released?  Love the energy of the demo. One of my highlights.

Everyone or Everything or whatever it's called sucks. That bassline is made to power the song, not hold it back.

One of the few examples of them nailing a song with more and more work and... maybe the only example of them making a plodder a rocker? Usually it's the complete inverse.

8 minutes ago, forward said:

Everyone or Everything or whatever it's called sucks. That bassline is made to power the song, not hold it back.

One of the few examples of them nailing a song with more and more work and... maybe the only example of them making a plodder a rocker? Usually it's the complete inverse.

Airbag is another example, and depending on your point of view Jigsaw as well.

30 minutes ago, forward said:

That's pretty harsh. We have sketchy information over the history of many songs, the odd demo here and 2006 live premiere there is not much evidence for "they usually ruin songs with more and more work". And if you don't think they normally nail songs, how much of their output do you actually like? 

1 hour ago, forward said:

Each to their own tastes I guess. Interesting to see where it started to where it ended up!

Edited by AusMakka

On 6/9/2019 at 4:17 PM, Olaf said:

This has NOTHING to do with Videotape. And Ed said in an interview—but I can't bother to find the exact quote—that they knew they had a better Lift. He didn't exactly said better, probably "one that people would like better"; I think they went with the flat one because they've always struggled with Lift being that huge. The thing is that Lift can't exist otherwise. A great Bends song that came too late. 

with videotape I completely understand why they changed it. I feel like the version the band came up with sort of misses the point that the song was trying to make, which is to be a song with a literal hidden emotional element to it via the musical arrangement. I think the band always aims to give their songs depth, I think they dislike feeling like a song has only one dimension, one way to listen to it so they seem to want to avoid the obvious. I think that’s why Thom is always trying to mess with the feel of the songs via syncopation and I think by this point the rest of the band have totally picked up on that and try to contribute to that end in their own way.

it's now on sale

https://radiohead.bandcamp.com/

"we’ve been hacked 
my archived mini discs from 1995-1998(?) 
it’s not v interesting 
there’s a lot of it 

if you want it, you can buy the whole lot here 
18 minidisks for £18 
the proceeds will go to Extinction Rebellion 

as it’s out there 
it may as well be out there 
until we all get bored 
and move on 

Thmx"

Edited by megalo
  • Like 3