18 hours of Ok Computer stuff leaked?

Fuzzyste

Wonder how old that Dan whatever is now? Probably nearly 30? Wonder if he’s a fan. I mean he’s probably a family member or something so maybe it’s redundant.

There are some really lovely full band sounds in here. Not especially songs, but those classic Radiohead atmospheres and tones creep through. Riffs that elicit a bit. Some real potential in there. 

• Like 1

Can't be arsed to read 57 pages so apologies if this has been posted before.  There a post on reddit with instruction on how to split the 19 minidisc files into their separate tracks.  It's fairly simple to do just update Java and download a file then run a cmd file and its all automatic.  Link here:

http://www.on-a-friday.com/OKComputerLeakedMaterialCues/

Note: This is not the actual minidisc music files just the cues to split them up.  

Edited by dbe14

28 minutes ago, dbe14 said:

Can't be arsed to read 57 pages so apologies if this has been posted before.  There a post on reddit with instruction on how to split the 19 minidisc files into their separate tracks.  It's fairly simple to do just update Java and download a file then run a cmd file and its all automatic.  Link here:

Note: This is not the actual minidisc music files just the cues to split them up.  

Thanks a ton awooo!

This works perfect now i can make a new OKC, call it (Reboot) Ok Computer

there's enough material to make another Bends type album too

Or, a 'what if Kid A came out around OKC', with some material sounding pre Kid A-ish but still OKC (lookin at you, TLW instrumental and delayed piano instrumental #1)

Edited by Dogface

30 minutes ago, dbe14 said:

Mmm, not working for me just yet. Getting the below error.  

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Any ideas? Thanks!

drop copies into that folder it mentioned,

run OKCimputerLeakedMaterial>RunMe

6 hours ago, AusMakka said:

If there's one thing I hope this leak achieves is that bands (not just Radiohead) realise people love this rare and raw shit and they should include more of it on anniversary/special edition releases. Nothing worse than only having a few extras on these types of product.

Yes; i think even if they did not want to include some of it directly on an album, it becomes possible to sell some type of basic physical or of course digital release for charity fundraising.

Such as, if there are recordings from the KID A sessions that they would be comfortable releasing but not trying to put onto the main project, they could post it up and out through W.A.S.T.E. on demand either for their own fundraising which could go anywhere, or indicate that proceeds would be going to specific charity/charities. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fox said:

Any ideas? Thanks!

I had the exact same problem, I just went to java.com and installed the latest version.  Then I followed the instructions to the letter and it worked perfectly. Beyond that I have no idea how any of this works lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dbe14 said:

I had the exact same problem, I just went to java.com and installed the latest version.  Then I followed the instructions to the letter and it worked perfectly. Beyond that I have no idea how any of this works lol

Just figured it out - my work laptop is locked down so i can install Java without administrator support, but not locked down enough to not allow me to have downloaded the MP3s in the first place! I work in IT as well! :classic_ninja:

One to wait for when i get home! Thanks for tips.

• Haha 1

Another long time member returning to give thanks for this exciting news. 

If someone could pm me me the link to the mp3s or even one disc of them you will make the end of my holiday :) 

I've just spent every spare moment today reading all 57 pages. There were some highs and lows I can assure you.