Jump to content

18 hours of Ok Computer stuff leaked?


Fuzzyste
 Share

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, hysterical.useless said:

Should I be surprised that if you search "radiohead" on Twitter the vast majority of posts are just randos gushing over Creep?

same thing happened the other day when I searched YouTube to see if any of the leak stuff had been uploaded there yet. Search “radiohead” with a filter for videos uploaded in the last 24 hours, and you’ll find there are still people uploading like nearly a goddamn hundred new covers of Creep a day seems like.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the song on Disc 3 - "Unreleased Thom solo (Acoustic) 3-1 (Maybe this is love…) (3-12)" @ 30:11, that very much sounds like a working version of Lucky - most likely recorded in 1995. vocally it's nothing like it, but there are some chord progressions that are the same as Lucky. wouldn't be surprised if some of these acoustic demo's are several years old (prior to 1996)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Duff said:

Me neither. But I also wouldn't expect them to record and release a version with obvious mixing errors.

The OKNOTOK version is clearly a rough mix or demo take that was never intended for release. As to why they picked that version for OKNOTOK, well, who knows.

the thing that puzzles me is how they did a complete 180 from almost putting it on the record with it’s own cute japanese field recording intro to digging some random version with a completely different energy. How does the band go to the trouble of digging up a seemingly lesser version (in terms of production) of the song and decide that THATS the one that gets officially released as THE lift. With a video and everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this bears repeating, but I'm almost 100% sure that the Lift version on OKNOTOK was chosen because they had the multitracks for it, whereas I believe these versions of Lift in the leak are all  mixdowns/bounces of takes that they no longer have the tapes for, and so couldn't really mix properly to release.

This is honestly the only reason I could think of that they'd release that version over any of these. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is what happens when your heart almost explodes. 18 hours leaks. While I'm in hospital getting two splints. I honestly think I was more dissapointed I had missed this then when they told me I would die without the splints . 

Same story as most. I used to post on old message board. So many memories. I remember trying to upload scanned pages of the  Rolling Stone review for kid A the week before magazine publication. My dad worked for management of another band in that issue. 

I sucked at technology then. I'm even worse now so it never went up.

Anyway, please pity my lie about the stints and the heart enough to share a private link. Gratitude. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Myzamatosiz said:

This is what happens when your heart almost explodes. 18 hours leaks. While I'm in hospital getting two splints. I honestly think I was more dissapointed I had missed this then when they told me I would die without the splints . 

Same story as most. I used to post on old message board. So many memories. I remember trying to upload scanned pages of the  Rolling Stone review for kid A the week before magazine publication. My dad worked for management of another band in that issue. 

I sucked at technology then. I'm even worse now so it never went up.

Anyway, please pity my lie about the stints and the heart enough to share a private link. Gratitude. 

i bumped my knee really hard against a table this morning.

:classic_sad:

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chernobyl2 said:

I think this bears repeating, but I'm almost 100% sure that the Lift version on OKNOTOK was chosen because they had the multitracks for it, whereas I believe these versions of Lift in the leak are all  mixdowns/bounces of takes that they no longer have the tapes for, and so couldn't really mix properly to release.

This is honestly the only reason I could think of that they'd release that version over any of these. 

That would make more sense to me if they didn’t have the tracks for Man of War which instrumentally speaking at least was obviously recorded in 1997/98. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Fake Chinese Robert Plant said:

That would make more sense to me if they didn’t have the tracks for Man of War which instrumentally speaking at least was obviously recorded in 1997/98. 

How is it obvious that the instrumentation was recorded in 1997/98? It sounds nothing like the MPIE stuff and it seems less and less likely Man Of War was even attempted in 1997. It was definitely recorded at the end of 1995, though.

Also, if they had multitracks of the OKNOTOK version, why on earth would they not do a proper mix?

I Promise I could definitely see being mixed in 2017 from the original tracks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of the many folks who used to post on At Ease many many years ago. Great to be back. Just here to say that the Disc 1 version of True Love Waits sounds like a hotel bar band in Malaysia covering True Love Waits. So glad that the version from AMSP is going to live forever. 😅

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chernobyl2 said:

I think this bears repeating, but I'm almost 100% sure that the Lift version on OKNOTOK was chosen because they had the multitracks for it, whereas I believe these versions of Lift in the leak are all  mixdowns/bounces of takes that they no longer have the tapes for, and so couldn't really mix properly to release.

This is honestly the only reason I could think of that they'd release that version over any of these. 

16.2 sounds good enough to release to this guy

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, appearcomposed said:

the amsp TLW fucking sucks, but the disc 1 TLW also fucking sucks.

best version is live debut from 95. second best is IMBW. any other versions aren't needed.

Love the live debut but also like full band with the organ which maintains the emotional resonance while adding additional layers.  But YMMV

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...