18 hours of Ok Computer stuff leaked?

4 minutes ago, Fuzzyste said:

Man, know its been said but the disc 15 version of Lift is absolutely unreal...best thing about this entire leak. Honestly think after hearing this version that the OKNOTOK version was recorded in 2017 like Man O War was. 

are we sure about the 2017 ?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's funny to see Thom and Jonny be like "it's not very interesting" and then Thom puts out the Suspiria Unreleased Material on streaming services.

Tomorrow Night in Paris is amazing.  I hate it when people say that sort of thing but it really is amazing.  It's okay to say it now!  "Come on, come on".  New fans on reddit are still amazed that the

This is like I'm marrying my girlfriend next month and someone has leaked the nudes and I haven't seen her naked because I'm a good Christian man and now the nudes have disappeared from the internet a

Posted Images

I am really sorry to ask this b/c two of you helped yesterday. I got to the archive and listened a bit at work but couldn't d/l and it got taken down before I got our of work. Can someone PM me the current link - now that I am home I can do this proper. Thank you once again!

1 hour ago, appearcomposed said:

if this board was so active 10 years ago why isn't it active anymore?

Last year around the time tickets were going on sale, the original domain name ateaseweb (com) expired and the forum went with it..!!  Then, a few months later, adriaan restarted the site as radioheadnews and eventually added this board. 

i think the original board just became like a habit to many people and when it went down, and then reappeared both without the same retro visual style and unexplainable level of activity, the habit was ended. 

• Sad 1

There's no way OKNOTOK Lift was recorded recently - the production and mixing is too obviously crap. They would have had to make it deliberately crap, with mixing errors, to try to create the impression that it was an old 90s recording. And then you're into chemtrails territory.

We know at least the strings of Man of War were recorded recently because people are credited for the recording who would have been children in the late 90s. Some people think other elements of the song are old but they probably aren't and there's no evidence for it, just speculation.

Edited by Duff
  • Like 1
Just now, Duff said:

(Fucked up post because apparently sometimes you paste quotes in and then can't write text beneath them, or something. Even after you edit. u wot m8)

There's no way OKNOTOK Lift was recorded recently - the production and mixing is too obviously crap. They would have had to make it deliberately crap, with mixing errors, to try to create the impression that it was an old 90s recording. And then you're into chemtrails territory.

We know at least the strings of Man of War were recorded recently because people are credited for the recording who would have been children in the late 90s. Some people think other elements of the song are old but they probably aren't and there's no evidence for it, just speculation.

Agreed on Lift. That's the original recording, maybe remastered or mastered properly.

As for Man O War, I think it's a combinaton of old and new. Even the vocals. Most of the vocals sound thinner in the higher range, just like Thom nowadays.

1 minute ago, Duff said:

(Fucked up post because apparently sometimes you paste quotes in and then can't write text beneath them, or something. Even after you edit. u wot m8)

Mate, most of Man O War is recent...listen to Thoms voice. I'd bet pretty much all of it is new if I were a betting man.

6 minutes ago, Fuzzyste said:

Mate, most of Man O War is recent...listen to Thoms voice. I'd bet pretty much all of it is new if I were a betting man.

Agreed. After this leak, it’s made me think Lift, I promise and man of war were all recorded recently.

Edited by Scatterbrain
9 minutes ago, Scatterbrain said:

Agreed. After this leak, it’s made me think Lift, I promise and man of war were all recorded recently.

Why?

We know at least some of Man of War was recorded recently (and probably the rest of it too). But:

Lift is blatantly a crummy, poorly mixed rehearsal take. Why would they record that now and release it?

I Promise is identical to the way they were playing it in the 90s (as the ten thousand versions of it on the leak demonstrate). Thom also said they were crazy for not releasing it. Why would you think it was recorded recently?

18 minutes ago, Fuzzyste said:

I'd bet on 100% of it being new.

Edited by Duff
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Duff said:

Why?

We know at least some of Man of War was recorded recently (and probably the rest of it too). But:

Lift is blatantly a crummy, poorly mixed rehearsal take. Why would they record that now and release it?

I Promise is identical to the way they were playing it in the 90s (as the ten thousand versions of it on the leak demonstrate). Thom also said they were crazy for not releasing it. Why would you think it was recorded recently?

If Lift was recorded recently and released on oknotok, I wouldn’t expect radiohead to go into the studio and make it sound like AMSP. It’s too slowed and subdued, and I think that’s a decision they’d make much easier today than 23 years ago (as evidenced by the 3 mixes of the high energy version). Also there was that Christopher o’reily quote saying he heard from Jonny? that they were trying to record Lift again.

Could be completely wrong. just speculation. 

Edited by Scatterbrain
23 minutes ago, Scatterbrain said:

If Lift was recorded recently and released on oknotok, I wouldn’t expect radiohead to go into the studio and make it sound like AMSP.

Me neither. But I also wouldn't expect them to record and release a version with obvious mixing errors.

The OKNOTOK version is clearly a rough mix or demo take that was never intended for release. As to why they picked that version for OKNOTOK, well, who knows.

Edited by Duff
8 minutes ago, magnets said:

I suspect they re-recorded Man of War while they were in the spirit of writing and recording Spectre.

Nearly. They did Man of War for Spectre (the movie), and when it was rejected because it hadn't been written for the movie, they recorded Spectre. Presumably in a huge fucking hurry.