BEHOLD! The first post of this thread PREDICTS THE FUTURE

Voice of America 

Interpol says it has arrested 88 human traffickers and 63 migrant smugglers in an international operation. It said it also rescued 500 victims.

Smuggled migrants are described as those that have given their consent, while those trafficked are forced or deceived by criminals, according to Reuters.  

The operation, called “Weke,” which means stop in Swahili, took place from March 28 to April 2 in 24 countries, including Kenya, Brazil and France.

One of the rescued is a 15-year-old Congolese girl, who Interpol said had been sexually abused while being smuggled to avoid a forced marriage.

Construction workers from Lebanon, Syria and Jordan also were rescued from the Democratic Republic of Congo. Interpol said they’d had their passports taken and had not been paid.

“These victims could not simply walk away from the horrific situation they found themselves in and the suffering they endured,” said Interpol Secretary General Juergen Stock, in a statement.

"We will continue to help countries untangle sensitive and complex cases, which will undoubtedly generate more arrests in the months to come."  

Interpol said the COVID-19 pandemic propelled human trafficking and smuggling because “the most vulnerable are desperate to escape hardship, and the criminal networks are just keen to turn a profit.”
  • Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

And again here’s Interpols site.  A lot of this mindless copy pasting is me backing stuff up.  If you don’t read it fine.  You just demonstrate a good satire of the average citizen. 195 it says actually.

https://www.interpol.int/en/News-and-Events/News/2021/Operation-Weka-mobilized-24-source-transit-and-destination-countries

Edited by Girl in the Purple Dress

😹😹😹

Nothing happened yesterday! Please let us know when the new date is confirmed, okay? Can’t wait!

And I’m really disappointed that you changed the post title! You said I was a derp queen and you were going to ”destroy” me over the whole weekend. That doesn’t appear to be happening either! Also, a more sensitive person might say that sounds a lot like a threat of sexual assault on me, but I hope that’s not what you meant? It’s hard to tell, you clearly fantasize about sexual violence a lot.

Thanks for giving me a good laugh again with that thing about ”backing stuff up”! Remember to print out the whole internet, otherwise it doesn’t count - you're so far gone plopsack omg

53 minutes ago, athleticarms said:

😹😹😹

And I’m really disappointed that you changed the post title! You said I was a derp queen and you were going to ”destroy” me over the whole weekend. Also, a more sensitive person might say that sounds a lot like a threat of sexual assault on me, but I hope that’s not what you meant? 

• 20 hr Girl in the Purple Dress changed the title to ATHLETIC ARMS IS AN IDIOT DERP QUEEN. WATCH ME SYSTEMATICALLY DESTROY ALL HER ARGUMENTS ALL WEEKEND EXPOSING THAT SHES GOT NOTHING BUT STEREOTYPES TO THROW AT ME

• 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
49 minutes ago, Girl in the Purple Dress said:

• 20 hr Girl in the Purple Dress changed the title to ATHLETIC ARMS IS AN IDIOT DERP QUEEN. WATCH ME SYSTEMATICALLY DESTROY ALL HER ARGUMENTS ALL WEEKEND EXPOSING THAT SHES GOT NOTHING BUT STEREOTYPES TO THROW AT ME

• 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Ah ok, well maybe you can understand why I may have misremembered? Considering that you’re one creepy af dude and everything about you just screams a lack of impulse control. Then again, I doubt I’m going to get through to you at all as empathy isn’t really part of your repertoire.

Please continue.

50 minutes ago, section 917 said:

Please stop.

No, you’re right of course. But I worry that asking him to do anything like stopping or going away isn’t likely to work. He doesn’t play by the regular social norms of decency or civility, or even bother to listen to anyone who disagrees. I think he strives off people not liking him, maybe it feeds into his feelings of outraged martyrdom. After all, he’s the victim here, a misunderstood genius... I’ve just decided to see the funny side (and honestly it’s sort of possible once you get over how miserable his life must be). I wish there was a way for him to get help, but there’s really very little any of us can do here. He probably has a family who can stage an intervention or something, gotta hope!

If anyone knows how to setup ignoring a specific user on the forum, that could be useful too I guess, as a practical solution...