WASTE ON DEMAND

Bacon

https://store.wasteheadquarters.com/collections/w-a-s-t-e-on-demand

Shirt available for one weekend only at $45.

Why? Is there a reason this is happening? I've seen some users on Reddit throwing accusations at Thom and one of them said he was trying to scrape in as much $$$ as possible before a PR blow out. There's no credibility to their rumors but Thom doing stuff like this and the Limited Edition Suspiria vinyl sure doesn't help alleviate worries.

2 hours ago, booger bear said:

Some users on Reddit are saying....

giphy.gif

Not really trying to give them credibility, but they claim to be friends of Rachel's and post just about anytime anyone mentions Thom's personal life or relationships. Saw the accusations the other day and, trolling or not, they're pretty strong, and could lead to some serious issues if they came out about him [hence my statement about a PR blow out and a need for as much cash as possible through touring/merch]. I don't believe it, but it's just something in the back of my head when I woke up and saw this kind of thing on their site. Once you read it, it's kind of hard to unread it.

Curious if people on here have any insight considering the length of time many of you guys spent on the original AtEase.

Edited by Bacon

Hmm!!  This is a unique way to also release the piece itself, for which there might not be space in the eventual release!

I am starting to understand italo's intuition that the new release doesn't necessarily have to be literally 20 years after the original!  Autumn 2020 is not particularly distant, but, maybe it will be earlier next year than expected! 

Edited by duaessences as clay become

1 hour ago, pleasekeepmoving said:

What are these accusations? I haven't seen any post saying anything on the sub.

Look at basically any Reddit thread about Dajana. Basically relating to his sexual life and his treatment of his ex-wife/children. It'd normally just be tabloid hoopla that I'd overlook, but some of the accusations involve potentially criminal activity and the users seem to think it's going to come to a head soon which is why AMSP didn't have much promotion and why Thom is constantly putting projects out. I remember some people bringing up similar stuff related to it when someone brought up Miss Pearly a while ago.

Like I said, I take these things with a heavy grain of salt, I was just curious what you guys knew since many of you have been community members for two or three times longer than I have. I've met Thom, and it was an immensely pleasant experience so I don't care to peer into his personal life. The man is just a dude. I've just seen more and more of these seemingly pointless releases (albeit still interesting/limited enough to get attention), and I couldn't shake that image from my head since I read the rumors recently.

Edited by Bacon

2 minutes ago, booger bear said:

Dude stop trolling.  

I'm not trolling, and your attitude isn't appreciated. All I was doing was asking for various points of view/insight because I had not heard them before. I get your point of view. Let someone else respond.

You're being ridiculous.  Who cares if he cheated on his wife?  He says it in a song anyway (Ful Stop).  Who cares about his personal life.  You are trying to make a t-shirt about how Thom is trying to distract from cheating on his wife?  We already all know about Toronto and the fact that we know that is stupid.  Stop.  

3 minutes ago, booger bear said:

You're being ridiculous.  Who cares if he cheated on his wife?  He says it in a song anyway (Ful Stop).  Who cares about his personal life.  You are trying to make a t-shirt about how Thom is trying to distract from cheating on his wife?  We already all know about Toronto and the fact that we know that is stupid.  Stop.  

giphy.gif

Didn't think it was possible for a regular user to completely misunderstand or misread what I am saying and get so hostile over something so minor. Is it on purpose? This has nothing to do with him possibly or possibly not cheating on his wife. But since I've already explained myself and you've made it clear you have no intention of addressing the situation in any kind of reasonable way, I'm done posting about it.

I'm not really sure why you would bring something up from someone on Reddit.  Not sure what your point is either.  Are you saying that Thom did some criminal stuff?  You didn't say what it was.  You brought up his girlfriend and didn't say why.  You said Radiohead pushed out AMSP quickly because Thom did something criminal?  What about the tour and promotional material.  Either you are trolling or English isn't your first language because you are not really saying anything.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, booger bear said:

I'm not really sure why you would bring something up from someone on Reddit.  Not sure what your point is either.  Are you saying that Thom did some criminal stuff? (1) You didn't say what it was.  You brought up his girlfriend and didn't say why.  (2) You said Radiohead pushed out AMSP quickly because Thom did something criminal? (3)  What about the tour and promotional material.  Either you are trolling or English isn't your first language because you are not really saying anything. (4)

(1) No I'm not. I didn't say what it was because it's not my place to specifically call out or accuse. I was just referring to what other people have said.

(2) I was telling them where to find the users making the allegations. The users post in threads related to his girlfriend. I'm not making a statement about her.

(3) I never said that and I never said the users said that. I said AMSP was released quietly instead of interviews/promotional appearances (which it was and the band acknowledges). The user implies this is because they didn't want to misspeak about something.

(4) I speak English fine, thank you, and I am not trolling. I am being intentionally vague because these rumors (if false) do not deserve the amount of credence or hostility you're bringing up. I was just asking if people on here had heard any of them. They go beyond infidelity, and, if you're mad about me not saying anything, you're free to look for them yourself.

Insight is virtually impossible where so little facts are known. 

A few months ago, people were calling Johnny Depp an abusive POS because they read in the papers that there was abuse in his marriage, and they made the usual assumptions. It later turned out that he suffered the lion's share of it. 

Maybe he mistreated her. Maybe she wasn't whiter than white and drove him to it. Breaking news: relationships are fucking messy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, booger bear said:

I looked up what you're talking about and it is the most ridiculous thing to believe.  I don't know why you even conjectured that a t-shirt release was related to obvious trolls on the internet.  Do you think the Earth is flat too?  

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, booger bear said:

Well, at least one good thing came from it.  I found out that Inkybrown (remember her lotus flower video?) has been blocked from Thom's girlfriend's social media.  Guess she hasn't changed.  

What was her lotus flower video?

Wait what, @Bacon can you please post this specific thread?

Thom Yorke cheated and probably cheated throughout his life. Touring musician sleeps around. Not especially noble but it's naive to expect otherwise. But what do you mean illegal? Why come on here and allude to anything on a minor website where you're not even substantiating the rumours yourself – you're just posting them. Like, just link it.

As for the lack of promotion, they didn't do many interviews for The King of Limbs. Like, what, one for Rolling Stone and that was more for the tour. And a few TV things at the time. In terms of touring, honestly, I got the feeling that he's been doing as much as possible simply because he's keeping him going and entertaining him. Kids are older, wife's dead, probably dealing with his own shit.

The concept for these tees are cool but the execution here is terrible. Fucking denim acid wash. Really? The Kid A period had the best tees and they're neglecting it. Classic.

The biggest thing I could find after he/she said to search for Thom's girlfriend's name on Reddit is two people (one account deleted, the other only had posts about said subject) claiming to be family friends with Thom's ex-wife saying Thom cheated on her with his now girlfriend.  We already know he cheated on his wife.  Crazy Atease fangirls told us about their encounters with Thom.  Which I would care to forget.  Who cares.  It was fun to see inkybrown defend Thom so wildly though.  Like 50 messages back in forth with obvious trolls on Reddit.  I liked inkybrown.  I hope she comes back.  I didn't see anything that mentions Thom committed a crime as he/she alluded to.  

Edit:  Also the mention that the release of a t-shirt was meant to hide "crimes" Thom committed is hilarious and weird.  That is why I asked if he/she was trolling.  

Edited by booger bear
  • Like 1