Thanks, Adriaan

thatthere

On 8/1/2021 at 1:27 AM, booger bear said:

You can also thank me for getting purple dress banned.  After over ten private messages to Ade it took a vulgar message for him to do it which got me suspended until today.  If he would just make one of us longtime members a mod.  A purple dress kind of troll would never happen again.  

You used to be alright. What happened? 

PSA:

While the world is literally burning down around us and any semblance of sovereign recognition of country and human rights are being trampled, you lot sit here and circle jerk with each other about a job well done of receiving your Karen Certificates. 

Redemption is always sitting there every morning. It longingly waits the entirety of each day for you to unwrap and embrace it. 

Your trite and pathetically apathetical behaviors are holding back the entirety of humanity. 

Oh no purple dress is using a vpn.

edit: why does this user with a new account that is obviously purple dress want to troll a dying Radiohead message board?  This board needs a mod.  I vote section or that ther.  I just want to talk about Radiohead and other subjects with old users.

Edited by booger bear

See Exhibit A ^

I think purple dress was here because they love Radiohead, as do I. Us fans tend to want to have hope in the fan bases of our fandoms. 

Atease hasn’t been active in years upon years now. BoogerBear. Why did you respond so quickly? This place is a tomb. The only activity was purple dress. There’s a lot going on in the world man, perhaps use your energy and time more beneficially rather than canvassing a very dusty fan message board? Trapped in the in rainbows era? Unable to break free? It’s not hard to do. That was the mid 2000s. It’s now 2021. Much has occurred since and Radiohead’s atease is but a shadow of a shadow of its former self. Aka it’s just not a poppin’ place worthy of an immediate response to a post. And yet there you are posting immediately. You obviously are in this quest for the poster who only tried to get you lot to come up for air because he loves you by proxy of his love of the band this place exists to discuss. But there’s also been the community side on this board. The chat side. The sharing side. This place always had wonky drama but since we’ve all aged and traffic has diminished, one would assume more pressing matters would have manifested. I mean what the hell happened to atease? I saw Ash being hosed a few weeks ago on here. Ash. I mean good lord. What happened here? 

Edited by BallGoggles

Regarding the board being dead, there was a healthy amount of discussion on here for the 2018 US tour and 2019 OKC leak had loads of discussion (50+ pages). Not as much as the peaks of the past - the board vanishing for three months in 2018 wasn't helpful of course - but enough to be worth visiting. I got standing tickets to 2 US shows thanks to someone on here posting about extras. It's this quiet right now partly because it was impossible to have a sensible discussion for months due to torrents of spam, from bots and real people who were more boring than bots.

I don't think having a single mod/"staff" member who doesn't have the time to visit regularly is a healthy way to run a board. if Ade can't can't spare the time anymore then fine but if he's going to keep writing the cheques I'd suggest he should at least take assistance from others when it is offered.

• 5 weeks later...