WORST THOM LYRICS THREAD

Bad lyrics part XXXXV:

/I'm in the middle of the picture lying in the reeds /

I choose to take this literally. It's a painting of Thom (or maybe THE COUPLE IN QUESTION) half stuck in the center of a pond, along with other items of lovelorn pathos, eg. A bicycle for two, a baby carriage, a wardrobe in the pond too oh fuck I don't know I am just trying to project some meaning onto this song

All I Need vs Faust Arp in a mixed metaphors-off

one minute snake charming the next in a motorcade

???

ve been climbing up this ladder I’ve been wasting my time up on the ladder we are tied to the stake up on the ladder we wait for your mistake /

Rhyming stake with stake is.. Yeah

I've been wasting my time also feels a bit gauche. Yeah it's about the hollowness of the corporate ratrace, Mr Never Had an Office Job. I think this is a first draft lyric that survived

/ up on the ladder trying to call out your name up on the ladder you’re all the fucking same  /

Where are you now, when we need you most, o Rage Against the Machine?

In House of Cards apparently its

/ill do mine/

I always thought it was Deal?

forget about your house of cards and I'll deal mine

Which is like, fitting n good and nobody would complain ever as it fits the metaphor n all that shit

This is Beautiful Lumps and Swell /Once As Well all over again

2 hours ago, Glitchd said:

Bad lyrics part XXXXV:

/I'm in the middle of the picture lying in the reeds /

I choose to take this literally. It's a painting of Thom (or maybe THE COUPLE IN QUESTION) half stuck in the center of a pond, along with other items of lovelorn pathos, eg. A bicycle for two, a baby carriage, a wardrobe in the pond too oh fuck I don't know I am just trying to project some meaning onto this song

All I Need vs Faust Arp in a mixed metaphors-off

No bad lyrics on in rainbows. Watch ya talkn bout 

Oh I worry about everybody’s mental health.  In general not in a good place.  Kind of like a pre-wwII era social decline leading up to some big set of disasters.  I hardly observe or talk to anybody that I don’t register as being in a state of denial these days.   It’s one those periods where lots of people are trying to take over the world at once and the method of laughing and pointing at the fools on the screen has timed out and everybody’s at a loss as to what to do. I observe more and more people’s social networks and familial bonds becoming eroded under the stress of all the shifting framework and through that process being herded into a state of being permanent isolated consumers.  It’s generally been going on a while but the rapidity of it lately is definitely something else.

Also in regards to mental health: the state of being an isolated consumer has a lot more to it than peoples general impression of depressed ineffectual laziness.  Once society has caught that tiger you’re looking at a whole variety of dark triad(that being narcissism, sociopathy, psychopathy) that just becomes utterly normalized and prevalent with folks all around you.  So yeah,  I’m concerned with everyone’s mental health in general.  None so much as younger people who are only going to know this state of affairs.  Their potentiality scares me more than the Bezos and Elon’s and Zuckerbergs all put together.  I’d say that the zeitgeist that we are zooming through will be a frenzied ten years or so that will look a lot like a collective grieving process.  Right now we’re in the car marked “denial”.  But hold on to your butts cus anger is right around the corner.  

The catalyst for this whole process has actually already happened. It just takes awhile to set in.  You just lost a year of your life through no fault of your own and I’d be prepared for the idea of losing another.  We won’t really see the civic backlash of losing a year or two of your life until 5 years from now most likely cus that’s about how long it’s going to take for people to register the real impact. I have lots experience in traumatic situations and have a sense that I know what I’m looking at here. Traumatic events  tend to fuck up at least one whole developmental segment of an individuals life, that segment usually being something like 5-7 years.  So this is a long haul with lots more coming.  I don’t really know what else to do but be honest about it while being a good little sheep and avoiding contact.

52 minutes ago, Nirvana said:

Ain’t you Glitchd and Thatthere and Facless?  Dang it I thought you was up in here talkn to yourself, slangin an album to yourself an all kinda highjinks.  Up in here talkn to yourself telling me I’m crazy for doing it. That’s pretty crazy man!  Or maybe IM YOU and we playing up in the peanut gallery.  Let’s you and me butt-fuck up in them dang woods!

I just wish I was Zane.

16 minutes ago, Girl in the Purple Dress said:

Also Mr Faceless, your condemnation is kinda satirical.  I’m basically the only thing happening on the board most of the time.  I’m like a girl in a bikini. You’d notice me in the market square but if this were a crowded beach I’d just fade into the background 

No, you're more like the crazy homeless guy screaming in the subway, weirding everyone out. Hence the silence and the awkwardness. We could be having a good time otherwise.

Edited by faceless
28 minutes ago, truelove said:

I’d say the worst thing to happen is that everyone broke 30 and grew up at the same time rh slowed down and all chat rooms got swallowed by burgeoning social media forums.  Plus ,as I say, pure societal decline probably adds something 

That and Familial.

• Haha 1