Hail To The Thief, you angsty little shit you

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2020 at 4:55 AM, forward said:

Conventional wisdom /facts may suggest otherwise but I always felt this album is a bit undercooked: they freaked at the leaks and hurried a release

Indeed, it's a few songs flabby. I wouldn't waste em, I'd bside em.

It's like Amnesiac having Fast Track. Nobody is clamouring for that.

Indeed, remains the only album Thom has issued a differs t tracklist for.

... Funny he jettisoned I Will.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 4:56 PM, Glitchd said:

Indeed, remains the only album Thom has issued a differs t tracklist for.

I feel like people (not saying you Glitchd) generally put too much value to this "alternative tracklist". What happened is, Thom saw a tracklist somewhere (official message board or waste central, if I remember correctly) and quoted it along with a comment like "hmm", insinuating that he likes it.  He did not make an announcement like "Hey look everyone, this is the alternative tracklist I made".

Edited by Goudvis

Apart from that, this album has a special place for me. Not their best, but because of nostalgia. June 2003, was 14 years old, did not know much of music, and was allowed to go for the first time to the Rock Werchter festival 1 mile from my home. Only 3 bands played the first day: Björk, Radiohead and Underworld. The organisers added a fourth day to the festival on Thursday (normally only Fri-Sun), just so that they could have Radiohead in the line-up. Did not know anything of them but liked it and bought the album the week after and kept listening on repeat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/25/2020 at 10:15 PM, Goudvis said:

I feel like people (not saying you Glitchd) generally put too much value to this "alternative tracklist". What happened is, Thom saw a tracklist somewhere (official message board or waste central, if I remember correctly) and quoted it along with a comment like "hmm", insinuating that he likes it.  He did not make an announcement like "Hey look everyone, this is the alternative tracklist I made".

Oh that's all that happened? I saw it mentioned once I think on Reddit as literally "Thom's"

That changes it for me. Screw it.

2 hours ago, Glitchd said:

Oh that's all that happened? I saw it mentioned once I think on Reddit as literally "Thom's"

That changes it for me. Screw it.

I'm doubting now. I remember it that it was someone else his tracklist that he quoted, but I might be wrong. I looked it up and this was his post. When I read it now it might be his own tracklist he made somewhere in a notebook of his.

At 16:18 on October 20, 2008, Thom Yorke said…

below comments a long time ago. a lot of water under the bridge.

out of the gutters.

i found this>

there there

the gloaming

sail to the moon

sit down. stand up

go to sleep

whereiendandubegin

scatterbrain

2+2=5

myxomatosis

a wolf at the door

hmm.

• Confused 1

Oh man make your mind up. Hehe he

OK I tried this and it's hit and miss. There There is a great opener

Gloaming sort of stops dead (I like it live and the httt version consequently seems undercooked)

NO I will?

Not too upset about losing the other missing songs s