KID A/Amnesiac 20th anniversary reissue

thatthere

I was on bleep.com and I typed "Radiohead" into the search box and this came up.
(This is all there is: if you click on it, it just says "Page Not Found"...)
So... maybe some product details will be out soon, although I kind of assumed the release would not be until October. Naming it that way also appears to suggest that there will be a Kid A thing, as opposed to a combined Kid A/Amnesiac thing. (Personally, I'd like to see them packaged as a double-album)

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 20.48.11.png

Edited by oknotok

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

from new interview with nigel

Thom Yorke has talked a lot about prepping a 20th-anniversary package of Radiohead's Kid A, and the guys have been digging through the archives for that project. Have you been involved at this point?

I can't speak for them, but we're all sort of working on possibilities. There's all this archive stuff and the Public Library just opened and that's a big platform for all those kind of things. Beyond that, there's always plans afoot, but I'm afraid that'll be all I can say about it really.

Edited by baba booey
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, baba booey said:

from new interview with nigel

Thom Yorke has talked a lot about prepping a 20th-anniversary package of Radiohead's Kid A, and the guys have been digging through the archives for that project. Have you been involved at this point?

I can't speak for them, but we're all sort of working on possibilities. There's all this archive stuff and the Public Library just opened and that's a big platform for all those kind of things. Beyond that, there's always plans afoot, but I'm afraid that'll be all I can say about it really.

That is lovely to have some insight that they are seemingly going to add to the Library!  it would probably not be just yet but if so probably before the EOB album is released, otherwise if it will precede the numerical anniversary time it might be this summer?? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, duaessences as clay become said:

That is lovely to have some insight that they are seemingly going to add to the Library!  it would probably not be just yet but if so probably before the EOB album is released, otherwise if it will precede the numerical anniversary time it might be this summer?? 

EOB's album is (finally) out in April - are you expecting something before then?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jethro said:

EOB's album is (finally) out in April - are you expecting something before then?

I think it depends if they think it will help people under quarantine types of conditions to release what they have planned to add to the Library?  It could be either way, it could also be considered too complicated a time to release anything.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.nme.com/music-interviews/ed-obrien-radiohead-eob-earth-interview-2020-kid-amnesiac-2643388

Will you guys be doing anything to mark 20 years of ‘Kid A’ and Amnesiac’ this year and next?

“Due to the nature of it, I can’t fully reveal anything – but there have been talks about ways of doing something. Everything gets thrown up in the air with coronavirus, so a lot of ideas are being mooted. It would be nice to honour it, but then there’s the struggle – how can you get that excited about an album that came out 20 years ago? I can’t. I’m thankful it was a moment and know that it means a lot to people, but it was a long time ago.”