KID A/Amnesiac 20th anniversary reissue

thatthere

On 5/21/2019 at 12:29 PM, In Portrait said:

Up on the ladder early demo would be awesome to have, but the one for HTTT is what I'm looking forward the most, with that angry guitar!

One of the great "lost" songs in my opinion. I know we have IRD2 version, but the one you're talking about during HTTT, although raw, hit the sweet spot for me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’m not really super interested in any unreleased songs at this point tbh, especially anything that would’ve been out around Kid A. Maybe Follow Me Around I guess but I can’t even remember anything else we would’ve known of by then, that we haven’t already gotten.

That is, unless they have some very high quality takes of songs we’ve never heard of before.

Yes. The best part of all the NOTOK/Minidiscs stuff wasn't the unreleased tracks (turns out they're all boring and not worthy of release) but the light it sheds on the music we know.

Stuff like learning that LIAGH and Exit Music were once the same song, or how Nude got its name, or hearing how the different bits of Paranoid Android were recorded separately and stitched together. Brilliant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Duff said:

Yes. The best part of all the NOTOK/Minidiscs stuff wasn't the unreleased tracks (turns out they're all boring and not worthy of release)

AHEM - "I Don't Want To Hurt You," "Attenzione!" and "Tomorrow Night In Paris" would beg to differ!!

And let's not even start talking about Thom's funky cloak!

• Like 2

There must be some either normal or adapted formats that will allow them to release whichever archival recordings from the sessions that they wish!  Digital download is obviously an option! 

I sort of think that an interactive web space may be created; as that was particularly a crucial part of the KID A period.  it may be that there are a number of recordings that would work within a special archival release, but then some additional ones (such as soundscapes and snippets) would be embedded there either to hear, download or both!     

• Like 1