• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Radiohead have a long history of clearly and succinctly communicating the band's future intentions.

The spelling is actually "whoops". Educate yourself before posting again please. Unbelievable.

Thanks y'all.  I got lucky and had "good" cancer. Low risk of recurrence. I should have many years ahead of me in which to think back nostalgically about the collagen I used to have.  But as I've

Posted Images

I ended up pissing the taper off by failing to contact him before uploading on Dime. Get it whilst you still can, otherwise it will end up in the dust heap.

Learned my lesson ?

The last time I did this, I was sent praise. Guess it's the luck of the draw!

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, devilhood said:

I ended up pissing the taper off by failing to contact him before uploading on Dime. Get it whilst you still can, otherwise it will end up in the dust heap.

Learned my lesson ?

The last time I did this, I was sent praise. Guess it's the luck of the draw!

I almost posted to ask you if you had contacted the taper. Generally, that's the right move. You can edit the recording for personal use, but if you're going to edit someone else's work, make sure they are comfortable with it before you go live. Almost always you'll get the green light--but if you don't take the step to communicate, it could be bad. And, by bad, I mean tapers not releasing their work in the future.

34 minutes ago, hardhead said:

I almost posted to ask you if you had contacted the taper. Generally, that's the right move. You can edit the recording for personal use, but if you're going to edit someone else's work, make sure they are comfortable with it before you go live. Almost always you'll get the green light--but if you don't take the step to communicate, it could be bad. And, by bad, I mean tapers not releasing their work in the future.

Yeah, I do genuinely feel bad about not asking, but only because the uploader reached out and told me personally that he was unhappy. I definitely do not understand taper mentality. I have a very liberal attitude towards audio.

My gripe is this. Whilst there are apparent expectations within the bootlegging community, ironically the taper isn't necessarily respecting the band, or the copyright holders, or the venue's management. I do not believe the recording grants the taper any level of entitlement, aside from maybe saying "Hey, y'know I spent a shit ton of money on this audio equipment..."

If a taper gets butt hurt to the point where they withhold audio from the community, that's sad but realistically it's selfishly motivated and melodramatic. The internet is generally an untamed playground. Everyone and their pet dog is going to screw around, but a way to avoid that would be to contribute to a community that has STRICTLY established rules. Dime does not require me to ask for permission to post anything unless it pertains to legal issues, so maybe instead of tapers being paranoid about unspoken rules, they should work together with the admins and moderators of these communities to make sure they get sufficient reassurances.

I do not make money from my written compositions, and these take a great deal more time and effort than someone turning up to a concert with an expensive microphone hidden in their hat. Also, people tend to over simplify and grossly misunderstand the processes involved with a remaster. Personally, if anyone ever came to one of my gigs and recorded a live performance, I'd be incredibly flattered. I'd encourage it to be distributed in every way possible. If one of my official releases gain popularity, and someone decides to post it somewhere without my consent, there are legal routes I can take. Legal routes, because the song is copyrighted and integrated within a digital rights platform that allow me some level of control. Unfortunately for tapers, they are not privy to this control, and it would be absurd for them to ever have it. The distribution of live music is a beautiful thing, and music is the ultimate expression of free speech.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, appearcomposed said:

i tape gigs and i consider myself mentally disabled. what i said holds true. ~~~~

I think, collectively, we should all agree that it is very healthy to go to the doctor's once in a while.

Not that I'm a fan of labels.... I mean, for the basics. Get your bum bum inspected, testicles and whatknot. Have your boob checked, or both boobs if you have two.

One person's normality is another person's bat shit insane.

36 minutes ago, devilhood said:

Yeah, I do genuinely feel bad about not asking, but only because the uploader reached out and told me personally that he was unhappy. I definitely do not understand taper mentality. I have a very liberal attitude towards audio.

My gripe is this. Whilst there are apparent expectations within the bootlegging community, ironically the taper isn't necessarily respecting the band, or the copyright holders, or the venue's management. I do not believe the recording grants the taper any level of entitlement, aside from maybe saying "Hey, y'know I spent a shit ton of money on this audio equipment..."

If a taper gets butt hurt to the point where they withhold audio from the community, that's sad but realistically it's selfishly motivated and melodramatic. The internet is generally an untamed playground. Everyone and their pet dog is going to screw around, but a way to avoid that would be to contribute to a community that has STRICTLY established rules. Dime does not require me to ask for permission to post anything unless it pertains to legal issues, so maybe instead of tapers being paranoid about unspoken rules, they should work together with the admins and moderators of these communities to make sure they get sufficient reassurances.

My point above was an observation about the taper community that we have--and the norms it has in it. I wasn't trying to admonish you or pass judgement so much as note that this is a likelihood given the circumstances. I'm certainly not dimishing the work of mastering--nor the idea that it can improve a taper's audio. But, if you're going to be part of a community (that is, radiohead/internet live taper community), it's probably worth knowing the norms in the culture, which in this case would mean sending a message to the taper and getting a blessing before sharing an edited version of the work.

Edited by hardhead
  • Like 1

Yes, certainly. I'm by no means disagreeing with you.

I was just presumptuous this time round, and a little too excited to share it.

I very promptly got in touch with the Dime moderators and specifically asked them to remove it. They wouldn't have removed it without my request otherwise.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, appearcomposed said:

i tape gigs and i consider myself mentally disabled. what i said holds true. ~~~~

Please, take a seat.

You see those certificates I have on the wall?

I printed them out myself because I didn't want the certification board to waste their ink. I live a humbled existence.

Yes, I absolutely qualified under the Heroic Institute for Overwhelmingly Effective Pill Prescribing Methodologies. It's a real place.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Tchockolate said:

Please, take a seat.

You see those certificates I have on the wall?

I printed them out myself because I didn't want the certification board to waste their ink. I live a humbled existence.

Yes, I absolutely qualified under the Heroic Institute for Overwhelmingly Effective Pill Prescribing Methodologies. It's a real place.

can you diagnose me with anything???

9 minutes ago, appearcomposed said:

can you diagnose me with anything???

I can, but that depends if you have anything. Do you at least have a wallet? Cash?

Here, I have these for you.

Don't squeeze too hard, they're soft and you should actually leave them in the fridge for an hour.

What are they?

They're creamy chocolate balls. They taste better cold, and create a sense of euphoria if you take a sip of hot coffee immediately after placing one in your mouth. This euphoria is more effective than any of the pills I'm legally able to prescribe.

Unless you want one of those dodgy looking pills over there. That red one will fuck you right up.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Dr. Tchockolate said:

I can, but that depends if you have anything. Do you at least have a wallet? Cash?

Here, I have these for you.

Don't squeeze too hard, they're soft and you should actually leave them in the fridge for an hour.

What are they?

They're creamy chocolate balls. They taste better cold, and create a sense of euphoria if you take a sip of hot coffee immediately after placing one in your mouth. This euphoria is more effective than any of the pills I'm legally able to prescribe.

Unless you want one of those dodgy looking pills over there. That red one will fuck you right up.

thank you i feel better already

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, DOG said:

This makes sense because no one has ever heard of you, can't wait until you find out that person taping your "performances" is actually your stalker...

Go to the concerts and film for yourself..... music is not yours to steal and take from. you are hideous horny.png

I'm sure there was some kind of point to your message. Tapers are stalkers? YouTube and the DC hub are full of hideous contributors? "Hey, this video/audio is okay because the fat cats haven't pounced on it yet, so I'll just leave it here until someone says otherwise. Oh shit, copyright strike. Such is life!"