• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Radiohead have a long history of clearly and succinctly communicating the band's future intentions.

The spelling is actually "whoops". Educate yourself before posting again please. Unbelievable.

Thanks y'all.  I got lucky and had "good" cancer. Low risk of recurrence. I should have many years ahead of me in which to think back nostalgically about the collagen I used to have.  But as I've

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Black Jesus said:

Care to elaborate? 

Nevermind I found it

For anyone interested, thom was asked if there was a radiohead album in the works, to which he responded "no. We are all doing separate things right now."

Based off what MarkGrace just re-posted for me in the RS article about Nigel putting together AMSP, sounds about right. I didn't even realize it's been 3 years since AMSP. Feels like maybe two. It's funny cause there's been all this "hype" for it (especially since that guy claimed he worked for XL and knew shit), but I was thinking to myself like, "I...really don't think they've been working on it." So hearing this makes perfect sense to me, but does suck. And if that's the case, that means 2021 or 2022 new RH record. Yikes.

Edited by Musickiksreal
  • Like 1
On 7/8/2019 at 6:17 PM, hysterical.useless said:

The fact that they still haven't hired Zane as a producer

i somewhat feel this way that they have not made an EP or album with Neil Young!!  Of course, the same could be said for basically all musicians and potential collaborations!

From the outside it can always seem like music must feel like a universal language even moreso to musicians~artists who have been able to reach more people and interact with more musicians.  it seems to be more complicated than that.

Personalities, after all, are not currently based for example solely on music, largely because human beings are not currently using exclusively music-based (or exclusively creative) language.  It is encouraging to consider that it could happen any day , it just requires some attention and enthusiasm!!   

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 6:42 PM, Bacon said:

Thom confirmed Radiohead's reunion in a recent interview. He said he looks forward to them coming together after doing all this extensive solo work to see what new things they brought to the table.

Philip has said this before too!!  it is a very good idea; where there are still unlimited possibilities for any music group, it would be very balancing for there to be a sense of what to combine, both known and describable, and unknowable and indescribable, from unique journeys through with other musical combinations!  

What does moving forward in a satisfying way look like to you? This idea of progression is not really progression. Instead, it’s the constant dance into a new area that you find stimulating. It’s finding an old Sicilian folk singer or bits of Terry Riley’s music that you didn’t know about or listening to the Idles and being influenced by all that. Then there’s progression in terms of technical things. Forcing yourself to find new methods of coming up with chord progressions or melodic ideas, finding a new piece of software or hardware that’s exciting. You want to feel as if once you’ve developed a method it should no longer work, because when you tell yourself, “O.K., I’ve got this now” that’s the point where things fall apart.

~~

This next question might sound skeptical, but I don’t mean it that way. What keeps you wanting to go back to Radiohead? 34 years together is a long time. We’ve been playing together since we were 16, 17. You have telepathic vibes. You’ll never find that anywhere else. Obvious, but true. That familiarity is a good thing, and it can be a bad thing some days.

How? Because as with a family, you form habits. The challenge is to try and break them, and that’s not easy. Any musician draws upon what they’ve known before. It takes a lot of work to move to something different. If you work with the same people for many, many years, you’re constantly coming up against that.

^^  this is all from the interview posted by thatthere in the Thom interview thread!!

• Like 1
On 10/28/2019 at 9:13 PM, duaessences as clay become said:

What does moving forward in a satisfying way look like to you? This idea of progression is not really progression. Instead, it’s the constant dance into a new area that you find stimulating. It’s finding an old Sicilian folk singer or bits of Terry Riley’s music that you didn’t know about or listening to the Idles and being influenced by all that. Then there’s progression in terms of technical things. Forcing yourself to find new methods of coming up with chord progressions or melodic ideas, finding a new piece of software or hardware that’s exciting. You want to feel as if once you’ve developed a method it should no longer work, because when you tell yourself, “O.K., I’ve got this now” that’s the point where things fall apart.

~~

This next question might sound skeptical, but I don’t mean it that way. What keeps you wanting to go back to Radiohead? 34 years together is a long time. We’ve been playing together since we were 16, 17. You have telepathic vibes. You’ll never find that anywhere else. Obvious, but true. That familiarity is a good thing, and it can be a bad thing some days.

How? Because as with a family, you form habits. The challenge is to try and break them, and that’s not easy. Any musician draws upon what they’ve known before. It takes a lot of work to move to something different. If you work with the same people for many, many years, you’re constantly coming up against that.

^^  this is all from the interview posted by thatthere in the Thom interview thread!!

Name one record with lyrics more hilarious than that Idles album.  Love it.

I hope that if they do another record they find some energy again. I listened to Bodysnatchers the other day and whatever you think of the song, that’s a really great studio performance. I hope they bring some of that back. 

• Like 4