This Doesn't Deserve Its Own Thread - Radiohead Edition

hysterical.useless

On 1/6/2019 at 4:32 PM, Duff said:

I've decided that the "one daaay at a tiiiiime" bit in The Numbers is my least ever favourite bit of Radiohead (discounting everything before they became a good band with OKC). It's such a weak, weak, weak melody. Such an energy drop.

it reminds me of another weak Radiohead moment : “the worms will come for you” in Man of War. Just a sort of bland ascending thing that thinks it’s dramatic but isn’t.

Really?! Worse than “broken hearts make it rain”?

16 hours ago, pleasekeepmoving said:

People on reddit are saying a new Radiohead documentary is being shown at a Greek film festival. Could this be the PTA-directed one that was hinted at?

Ι started that thread on reddit. We are not sure if this is a new Radiohead documentary but there is a suspicion because all the other music documentaries of this festival are new or from the last 2 years. And also because they have not share more info about this by now. Maybe the band is planning a surprising anouncement in a few days. We 'll see.

Edited by thanasiskar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thanasiskar said:

I started that thread on reddit. We are not sure if this is a new Radiohead documentary but there is a suspicion because all the other music documentaries of this festival are new or from the last 2 years. And also because they have not share more info about this by now. Maybe the band is planning a surprising anouncement in a few days. We 'll see.

It certainly make sense!!  I think if this festival would be an early premiere of the film, with later appearances and its release happening some months later, they would not have announced anything yet! 

And, I would say, even if the film this festival is showing turns out to be MPIE; there still could be something new on the way in the future: the Radiohead.tv page has still not added any concerts from 2018.

• 2 weeks later...

I started writing one of those 33 1/3rd books about HTTT a few years ago. It was going to be awesome - I'm a writer by trade, and I've no shortage of brilliant opinions about Radiohead, which is why all my posts are so incredible. But I started feeling a bit embarrassed about the thought of being someone who'd written a book about Radiohead, and I shelved it.

• Like 1