This Doesn't Deserve Its Own Thread - Radiohead Edition

hysterical.useless

On 9/6/2019 at 2:18 AM, oknotok said:

Full transcript of that interview is here. I enjoyed the anecdote about Jonny taking Nigel into a really high-end hi-fi store and Nigel getting angry about them stocking gear that cost more than the tape machine he uses in the studio : https://citizeninsane.eu/media/usa/radio/07/i06a_2006-06-18_cpr.htm 

https://atease.radioheadnews.com/topic/108-this-doesnt-deserve-its-own-thread-radiohead-edition/page/15/#comment-13779

The Day in the Life thing for Ukraine post took me back to when there was discussion about a 2006 interview with Thom and Jonny.  Wish all those members would return and hang out now that there's moderation.  

I swear I wrote that and then I noticed.  

HY9PAtB4_x96.jpg

We’re very pleased to launch a special limited edition Free Press print of @StanleyDonwood's Glastonbury 2022 artwork, with all proceeds going to @WarChildUK's Emergency Fund which is helping children caught in Ukraine, and other conflicts.

https://shop.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/products/ukraine-appeal-stanley-donwood-limited-edition-free-press-poster-gla

image.jpeg.0d0a14f16c2e2c7a0c7cce56188fe0a9.jpeg

On 4/13/2022 at 1:10 AM, htttawar said:

Anyone else notice how Thom played Free In The Knowledge at Zermatt up a half-step? Do you think they’ll recorded up the half-step, like they did for Present Tense on AMSP?

oh wow, not only did I not notice, I didn't know PT was up a half step either... damn. filler fan over here. 

On 4/12/2022 at 10:10 PM, htttawar said:

Anyone else notice how Thom played Free In The Knowledge at Zermatt up a half-step? Do you think they’ll recorded up the half-step, like they did for Present Tense on AMSP?

So I haven't listened to the studio version yet, is it up the half step?  

you couldn't resist a listen could you Baba?  hahahaa

1 hour ago, thatthere said:

So I haven't listened to the studio version yet, is it up the half step?  

you couldn't resist a listen could you Baba?  hahahaa

nope, not up a half-step. in the same key they did in January

On 4/19/2022 at 4:14 PM, chernobyl2 said:

oh wow, not only did I not notice, I didn't know PT was up a half step either... damn. filler fan over here. 

Although it is only half step up in the studio version, Live they tune it back down. I guess they tuned the song half step up after recording to give it a "softer" sound.

16 hours ago, paranoid_eraser said:

Although it is only half step up in the studio version, Live they tune it back down. I guess they tuned the song half step up after recording to give it a "softer" sound.

I’m guessing PT up half a step in the studio was a Nigel idea

see what happens with free in the knowledge on other performances but at the moment I’d say the capo was just put on the wrong fret

"As a little light relief in the ongoing horrorshow that is 21st century existence, the Slowly Downward Manufactory is pleased to present a new screen print entitled 'pure fantasy', a representation of a modified polar bear on a melting ice floe in a red sea. 
I originally made this delightful tableau at the start of the century; the opening night, as it were, of the ongoing parade of psychotic derangement that we presume to call 'normal life'. Oh well. Never mind, never mind, as I used to say back then.
So, once upon a time I printed this out on a sheet of paper, cut it out, folded it up and carried it around in my back pocket for a while. It found itself glued into a sketchbook, and stayed there in those dark pages of that closed volume - until a couple of years ago, when I was excavating my archives for the digital exhibition KID A MNESIA; where, oddly enough, it forms a sort of monumental dénouement for the entire experience. 
Now it finds yet another incarnation as a print; and, do note, we have carefully preserved every aspect of vintage inkjet printing, hasty scissor-work and repeated folding. 
An edition of 166 screen prints. 460mm x 420mm, approx. (Unsharpened pencil for scale)
If you find yourself intrigued, we invite you to tickle the button below."

https://slowlydownward.co.uk/pure-fantasy

I’ve read that Chris Martin and Ed O’Brien are friends, has Chris or Thom ever talked about the other besides that one picture of them together at that awards show 20 years ago? I wonder what Thom thinks of Coldplay

• 2 weeks later...

Reckoner my favorite song by any artist, I remember the first time I heard it.  I borrowed these old school large speakers because I was throwing a release party for In Rainbows for my friends.  I woke up as soon as I knew the download was available.  I turned that album up on those speakers my now wife yelled at me but god damn the first time Reckoner played I fell in love like when you first see a puppy.  True Love at first listen.

Posted (edited)

Been obsessed with these guys since the first time my friends hot sister played me street spirit in her bedroom.  Like they have been so important to me.  I go on a bad run and can’t save someone, I listen to a Radiohead song, slap myself and get back up.

Edited by booger bear

17 hours ago, booger bear said:

Been obsessed with these guys since the first time my friends hot sister played me street spirit in her bedroom.  Like they have been so important to me.  I go on a bad run and can’t save someone, I listen to a Radiohead song, slap myself and get back up.

I love when u reference the story about how u fell in love w the band its a great story boog. love this band and am feeling extremely grateful for them right now

Posted (edited)

Wow that is new to me; baba would you have my ass muscle sown into your eye?  I would give you  a part of my butt if you needed it.  It’s big, I play hockey.  Is that the most romantic thing anyone has ever said to you?

Edited by booger bear