This Doesn't Deserve Its Own Thread - Radiohead Edition

hysterical.useless

• 2 weeks later...

https://crackmagazine.net/product/news/i-see-you-a-zine-by-crack-magazine-curated-by-thom-yorke/

iseeu.png.e25a8cfada155b83d596ea5a2bd0d96a.png

Crack Magazine and Thom Yorke have collaborated on a limited-edition zine, titled I See You.

The zine comprises interviews with eight artists, activists and musicians chosen by Yorke, who answer questions set by him. The zine is prefaced by Thom answering the questions himself.

The zine features pioneering electronic music composer Laurie Spiegel, writer and environmentalist George Monbiot, Edinburgh poet Harry Josephine Giles, New York contemporary artist Amy Cutler, fashion designer Jun Takahashi, director and screenwriter Luca Guadagnino, experimental musician Kali Malone and Brooklyn-based visual artist Christian Holstad.

Thom Yorke has decided to donate any profits from the zine to Greenpeace.

I See You is printed by Generation Press, a leading organisation in sustainable printing.

Please note: I See You is now sold-out via our store, copies are still available from W.A.S.T.E and XL Recordings.

Edited by thatthere

2 hours ago, Fuzzyste said:

People really will buy anything won't they? £20 for a zine? Madness 

Yeah but it's for charity, so basically a donation, not like you're looking for value for money spent.  Like the NTN remixes which were a flop to my ears.  Ok for collectors but nothing beyond that.  

On 8/23/2019 at 7:19 PM, thatthere said:

Yeah but it's for charity, so basically a donation, not like you're looking for value for money spent.  Like the NTN remixes which were a flop to my ears.  Ok for collectors but nothing beyond that.  

But I don't think collectors buying this are doing it because they finally found a way to give money to charity.

• Like 1

Just listened to All I Need for the first time in ages. Must have heard this song a trillion times and never noticed before how the mixing changes on the drums in the second verse. The treble goes way up so the hihats sound all sparkly, easy to notice if you A/B. I love noticing little production details like that.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 1:35 AM, Duff said:

But I don't think collectors buying this are doing it because they finally found a way to give money to charity.

Well "completists" will buy everything no matter what, by definition.  Casual collectors may ask themselves if they need this, and say, whatever, it's for charity.  Sometimes it might be the nudge that makes the difference.  And before anyone moans that, well, 20 pounds isn't gonna save humanity, in this case it's more the collective effort to create interest and dialogue across different fields.  Just an opinion.  I sure hope something saves humanity . . . . 

• Like 1

Does anybody know where this version comes from?

It's not the version which has been released on the "Help:a Day in the Life" and "War Child : Heroes Vol.1" Samplers from 2005 / 2009

It's clearly a new recording, cause Thom's  voice sounds  more mature.

Ideas?

Edited by audionerd

13 minutes ago, audionerd said:

Thanks for the Youtube links. The interview is from 2006?

I can't believe that the version of the song I have posted is from that time.

it sounds more like a recent recording. Listen to Thom's voice...thats how he sounds now.

This is why no one should be making assumptions about when Man of War was recorded based on Thom's voice.

• Like 1