Scatterbrain

Best of r/radiohead

12 hours ago, Scatterbrain said:

God I hope we get some HD video footage of the tent tour with the KIDANOTADIK

They must have filmed most of the gigs, there's that Dublin show on the library but its not the full show. 

Why the fuck is everyone on reddit always on the verge of tears? I do not understand that shit at all. And it's not just the radiohead sub either.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I like to subscribe to the subreddit as they generally break most news first these days but Jesus Christ it gets worse and worse the amount of absolute shite on there, do the mods even do anything on it?

On 8/22/2019 at 6:37 PM, booger bear said:

It was quickly deleted by Ade or Beachbum.  She even described the size of his penis.  I like that Thom fucked Christopher O Riley's wife that no-talent hack made a fortune covering Thom's songs.  

Edit: also he was a member of the board back in the day (I don't remember his handle) and he was a dick to everyone.  Also, I am pretty certain this person was indeed who she said she was and that Lotus Flower is about thom having sex with two chicks at the same time.  

I know nothing about this Toronto incident beyond maybe seeing the thread when the OKC minidiscs stuff was leaking and sorry for the late response. But anyway I feel like a post in defence of COR might be due.

He visited the board a lot around the time of HTTT (his username was "blackstar"). I had no doubt he was a keen Radiohead fan, I met him with a few boarders after a show in London in 2003 and his affection for the music was clear...he was enjoying playing songs that Radiohead had only recently webcasted for example, it was far from knocking out the hits for a few dollars. Anyway on the board people asked him a lot about his versions of songs around that time and there was a fair proportion of people who were interested to discuss the music with him, as well as a proportion who were determined to wind him up and call him a con artist - he even seemed to deal with them with a degree of patience. So I think to say he was "a dick to everyone" is unfair at least in that period.

Caveat - things seemed to have soured by TKOL - in a post that several people later said was douchey,  after someone asked if he was still working on Radiohead, he referred to the album as "The King of Lames" and said true fans should check out his version of Magpie....as he seemed to be so unimpressed with TKOL version. Attacking the band's newest output and simultaneous self promotion was a questionable tactic.

Posted (edited)

So did Thom really have sex with Christopher O’Reilly’s wife? 😳

Edited by Norbett

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2020 at 4:09 PM, Fuzzyste said:

Would be wild to go back to 2002/2003 atease right now. 

I joined in 2003.  I had been going to atease (the site, not the message board) for a couple of years at that point, and in March 2003 there was a news post that said something to the effect of: "hail to thief has leaked.  we will not post a link here but if you check the message board you'll probably find it".  So i signed up.  I remember finding the HTTT leak (the unmastered one, yes) on some ftp site.  I remember there was a folder in there called "HULK MAKE FOLDER", which made me laugh.  This was because there was a user called Hulk, who always communicated in this style.  I assume he made that folder.  I don't remember too much more as it was 17 years ago, but reminiscing is fun.   Oh, one other thing I remember... one of the first topics (maybe THE first topic) i posted was my observation that the spines of the RH albums (as in, the part you can see if you have them on a shelf) so far had alternated between black and white, from Pablo Honey to Amnesiac, and I predicted the next album would have a black spine, which it did, but then I stopped paying attention.  when i read reddit sites of various bands i see the same kinds of posts and think, no matter how much things change, some things always stay the same.

Edited by cosplusisin
  • Like 1

i have gotten many thousands of hours of entertainment and knowledge from reddit over the years, but one of the most unforgivable things of all time is the death of the message board

reddit is so impersonal. when you have a message board you can get a feel for the people and really carve out a place in the discussion. on reddit you have to hope your thoughts and insights push through the 50 other comments about how people were able to refill their Aquafina bottle with tears after repeated listenings of "Dawn Chorus" in the back room of the grocery store they work at between classes.

• Like 3

It is weird how reddit just became echo chamber's for practically everything and any notion or sense of having a voice the way one sort of can here is generally lost...

That said enjoy your downvote.

• Like 2

Those were the days! Who remembers the user "policeman?  His posts were hilarious. I think they went through several google translates.  The word "fan" was always "ventilators".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i hardly remember policeman but i remember the username and i definitely remember seeing the word "ventilators" on the old board.   i remember some of those joke-ish accounts... "green day rules", anyone?

And though i know the "ventilators" thing isn't the same thing, but it reminded me that there were a few "censored" words that got automatically replaced when you typed them.  "webcast" became "fapfest".  "slipknot" became "********".  i can't remember too many others.