Scatterbrain

Best of r/radiohead

Posted (edited)

misspearly was the one who fainted at a show and Thom stopped the concert to make sure she was alright.  There is video of it but I don't remember which show.  After that, she became weird.  She claimed to have been dating Thom.  I hope she is doing well.  

Edited by booger bear
  • Haha 1

Let's not forget Ramshackle  The member who actually called in a bomb threat at a show and got arrested.  Sheesh.  

8 minutes ago, booger bear said:

Let's not forget Ramshackle  The member who actually called in a bomb threat at a show and got arrested.  Sheesh.  

:classic_laugh: why what show was this? 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ReverseRunning said:

:classic_laugh: why what show was this? 

On July 7, 2003, during Radiohead's Hail to the Thief Tour, a fan on the messageboard registered the alias "freedom for Palestine" and began posting bomb threats for the show in Bergamo, Italy that night. The matter was investigated by authorities, who identified a messageboard user known as "ramshackle". Unfortunately, soon after, the messageboard suffered a major crash and all post data was lost. "Ramshackle" was apprehended, tried, and incarcerated for 2 months. No shit.

I copied this from the atease wiki so I don't know why this person hyperlinked those weird links.  It's true though.  Also, Ash and I have been the longest active boarders.  I've known Ash since 2000.

Edited by booger bear
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, booger bear said:

On July 7, 2003, during Radiohead's Hail to the Thief Tour, a fan on the messageboard registered the alias "freedom for Palestine" and began posting bomb threats for the show in Bergamo, Italy that night. The matter was investigated by authorities, who identified a messageboard user known as "ramshackle". Unfortunately, soon after, the messageboard suffered a major crash and all post data was lost. "Ramshackle" was apprehended, tried, and incarcerated for 2 months. No shit.

Jesus what is wrong with people

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

After the Cincy show people waited out near the tour buses because they were out in the open and easily accessible. Thom came out and said hello to people when he saw them waving. A part of me regrets not going but, as cool as it would have been to meet my favorite musician, I'm still glad I didn't join them because some of the people there were just strange. I don't want my face (which Thom has seen several times at multiple shows) being grouped in with the "crazies."

One girl was wearing a shirt of Colin's face and had to be told to quiet down during the show by Thom. He came over and shushed her specifically because she kept screaming "I LOVE YOU __band member's name__" between every song. She stopped after that, at the end of the show Ed threw her and her friend a setlist, and the crowd was one of the best I've ever seen (the band even commented on that). After the show, she was in that group of people waiting to possibly meet the band. I really wonder what Thom's reaction was to meeting her because she could hardly contain herself  while he was on stage and I'm scared to think how she was acting in person. Afterwards, she bragged about being "told to shut up" by Thom Yorke on Reddit and Twitter.

Why would you ever brag that the lead singer of your favorite band had to tell you to stop being obnoxious during a show? Not to be rude, but some people just perplex me...

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

That's weird.  I don't want to meet anyone from the band.  Their music is just good enough thank you very much.  

I think I know who you're talking about. She's really sweet but a little crazy about them. She put up a video of her meeting Thom but I didn't watch it. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, ReverseRunning said:

I think I know who you're talking about. She's really sweet but a little crazy about them. She put up a video of her meeting Thom but I didn't watch it. 

I really wish this was a joke post...

Edited by Bacon

I'd like to share a pint with Thom, but I wouldn't want to give him an excuse to grow a beer belly again.

• Haha 1

It is shoking to read about all the things ateasers have done, I remember those users. It must be hard for thom and the guys.

19 hours ago, booger bear said:

That's weird.  I don't want to meet anyone from the band.  Their music is just good enough thank you very much.  

Now, yeah its kinda hard to have an normal conversation, unless, your doing a fully prepared fan interview, with prepped questions and the band full attention and approval. 

Pre OKC, it was a little easier to meet and have conversations with them, but its still the fan boy, annoyed Rocker situation. After OKC, it wasn't really a good time to approach Thom. I remember in Salamanca, they were in a much different place, most of the band members were very aware of the fans there to see them, and when you bumped into them on the streets, they  were somewhat approachable as long as they were eating or something. But today shy of a quick signature by their buses, not really sure how effective any fan conversation would be to your opinion of them or them of you. 

21 hours ago, booger bear said:

misspearly was the one who fainted at a show and Thom stopped the concert to make sure she was alright.  There is video of it but I don't remember which show.  After that, she became weird.  She claimed to have been dating Thom.  I hope she is doing well.  

Misspearly once threw a tantrum and physically shoved me off of the rail next to her before a show. It seemed as though she didnt want any other females to be front and center near thom. She’s nuts. But in her defense, I have seen/heard enough about the situation between her and thom to think her obsession with him and her claims about having a relationship with him aren’t entirely fabricated.

18 minutes ago, nkased said:

Misspearly once threw a tantrum and physically shoved me off of the rail next to her before a show. It seemed as though she didnt want any other females to be front and center near thom. She’s nuts. But in her defense, I have seen/heard enough about the situation between her and thom to think her obsession with him and her claims about having a relationship with him aren’t entirely fabricated.

Oh jesus why Thom she isn't even very cute.  

52 minutes ago, nkased said:

I have seen/heard enough about the situation between her and thom to think her obsession with him and her claims about having a relationship with him aren’t entirely fabricated.

Nope

nupe

nope

1 hour ago, nkased said:

?‍♂️

Prove me wrong. I would love to be wrong. 

Oh no there are pics of them holding hands together that I just found

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

Oh no there are pics of them holding hands together that I just found

You mean the photos of Thom running in Rio and she is grabbing his arm ? Not really holding hands. 

She also talked about being places with him and Rachel at the same time. Not sure your “mistress” or groupie would be allowed next your partner. 

By which I mean, an adult should know there is virtually no comparison between opera and pop music. Not being able to understand lyrics does not make something opera-like.

Is this degree of exagerration in others sub reddits as well? I only follow r/radiohead