Scatterbrain

Best of r/radiohead

Robjonas and nkased, you guys have excellent excellent points! 

Reddit, and indeed many other social media groups based on Radiohead (or any band) feel like middle or early high school. They’re largely lead by people terrified of seeming uncool and so desperate for attention. They want to be seen as VIP or elite. I remember joining in a Jack White group on Facebook years ago to talk about B-sides, limited vinyl, bootlegs, and setlists, but it quickly tuned into “Did you hear jack is dating so and so?!” Or  “ZOMG I MELT WHEN I SEE HIS BEAUTIFUL LIPS.” “Why is Jack such an asshole to his ex wives? What’s his woman problem?” Revolting!! I just wanted to freaking talk about the music !!

This is something that thankfully doesn’t happen here and I love it. It’s why I joined the original board in 2006, there was no “holier than thou” mentality here. Sure we are nerds and jerks sometimes, but I’ve never felt like AtEasers were having a popularity contest with each other’s collections, or the number of times they’ve seen Radiohead, etc. And the gushing is always at a minimum here. Hardcore fans come here to talk shop, end of story. Hard to find a place like this nowadays!

3 minutes ago, Cmontheplane said:

Robjonas and nkased, you guys have excellent excellent points! 

Reddit, and indeed many other social media groups based on Radiohead (or any band) feel like middle or early high school. They’re largely lead by people terrified of seeming uncool and so desperate for attention. They want to be seen as VIP or elite. I remember joining in a Jack White group on Facebook years ago to talk about B-sides, limited vinyl, bootlegs, and setlists, but it quickly tuned into “Did you hear jack is dating so and so?!” Or  “ZOMG I MELT WHEN I SEE HIS BEAUTIFUL LIPS.” “Why is Jack such an asshole to his ex wives? What’s his woman problem?” Revolting!! I just wanted to freaking talk about the music !!

This is something that thankfully doesn’t happen here and I love it. It’s why I joined the original board in 2006, there was no “holier than thou” mentality here. Sure we are nerds and jerks sometimes, but I’ve never felt like AtEasers were having a popularity contest with each other’s collections, or the number of times they’ve seen Radiohead, etc. And the gushing is always at a minimum here. Hardcore fans come here to talk shop, end of story. Hard to find a place like this nowadays!

I'm sorry that you like Jack White.  

3 hours ago, booger bear said:

Oh, you obviously didn't know about Thom's threesome with Christopher O'Riley's wife in Toronto....that thread created by her was fun until it got deleted.  But now we don't have mods so we can freely talk about it.  

I’ve desperately been trying to forget that rumor since I heard it. 

Now there’s a story that really makes me gag!

3 hours ago, nkased said:

I’ve desperately been trying to forget that rumor since I heard it. 

Now there’s a story that really makes me gag!

How does it make you feel that she said Thom has a small penis?  

16 hours ago, booger bear said:

How does it make you feel that she said Thom has a small penis?  

She did? On the board?! Classy.

Posted (edited)

Who cares he's a piece of shit who made money off of Radiohead.  I'm glad Thom banged his wife with another girl at the same time.  I also hate that I know this happened so fuck her too.  

Edited by booger bear

oh that's where you are wrong!

and get this!

it's happening... AGAIN!

:classic_ninja:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's a completely innocuous post, but just seemed like a microcosm of everything r/radiohead.

The life-changing concert experience (likely the first).

The artsy girlfriend who is probably not a fan but who knocks out a DIY Radiohead art project.

• Like 1

Last Night Was a Empathetic Rainbow of Emotions. I Cried, I Raged, I Feared, I Felt Joy , I am human and I love everything about it. (Pittsburgh)

:classic_mellow:

to die is to live 

and to live is a lie!

(that's why babies cry!)

6 hours ago, Twist said:

Last Night Was a Empathetic Rainbow of Emotions. I Cried, I Raged, I Feared, I Felt Joy , I am human and I love everything about it. (Pittsburgh)

:classic_mellow:

Why did he feared in a radiohead concert? Was he getting gloamed? I could understand that