Scatterbrain

Best of r/radiohead

1 hour ago, Fake Chinese Robert Plant said:

lol I don’t know if we can shit on the subreddit for inkybrown

wow sincerely did not notice the username

Yeah that did not happen.

'I didn't listen to the leak because the band didn't want me to' sycophancy is almost exclusive to r/radiohead to broker legitimacy points from one another. No actual person is going to have that outlook. Especially when the band actually officially uploaded it all...

On 7/14/2019 at 9:43 PM, forward said:

Yeah that did not happen.

'I didn't listen to the leak because the band didn't want me to' sycophancy is almost exclusive to r/radiohead to broker legitimacy points from one another. No actual person is going to have that outlook. Especially when the band actually officially uploaded it all...

I know people irl who are real fans with that opinion. I disagree with them but there are actual fans not on r/radiohead that say that kind of thing

Why the fuck do half of them do weird shit like this:

what’s with the fuckin rituals? I don’t understand waiting a month+ to listen to an album you really want to hear because you have this weird “special” first listening experience with buying a record and all this shit. Just listen to the damn music.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fake Chinese Robert Plant said:

Why the fuck do half of them do weird shit like this:

what’s with the fuckin rituals? I don’t understand waiting a month+ to listen to an album you really want to hear because you have this weird “special” first listening experience with buying a record and all this shit. Just listen to the damn music.

I absolutely hate reddit and especially the music forums. The utmost positivity, the shaming of thoughtful or unique commentary or content if it doesn't align to the main half-a-dozen trends.

But considering how expensive any record is off of Waste, you have to be a bit peeved to not get a tracking notice. Or to know when it's shipped.

And there is something nice about sitting down and really taking in something you've looked forward to. It is a privilege and a nice part of life for the average suburbam shitheaded schmuck. I waited 24, 36 hours or so to listen to Anima after a haircut, in the winter sun, with a pint of dark ale, looking out onto the park and federation buildings. It was genuinely just a nice... kinda bask.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, forward said:

I absolutely hate reddit and especially the music forums. The utmost positivity, the shaming of thoughtful or unique commentary or content if it doesn't align to the main half-a-dozen trends.

But considering how expensive any record is off of Waste, you have to be a bit peeved to not get a tracking notice. Or to know when it's shipped.

And there is something nice about sitting down and really taking in something you've looked forward to. It is a privilege and a nice part of life for the average suburbam shitheaded schmuck. I waited 24, 36 hours or so to listen to Anima after a haircut, in the winter sun, with a pint of dark ale, looking out onto the park and federation buildings. It was genuinely just a nice... kinda bask.

Don’t get me wrong, not getting shipping info in this day and age is absurd and really tweaked me today myself, and I’ve definitely made a point of listening to new Radiohead albums in the best possible circumstances too, but arbitrarily waiting a month to listen to a new record by your favorite artist for some ritualistic thing like that is weird. Just download it and go on a hike or something. Buying the record and unboxing it and all that shit isn’t really going to add *that* much to it, it just seems like a weird exercise in consumerism.

Posted (edited)

I think to add to that the weird moralistic stance of not listening to the OKC leaks because "the band didn't want me to hear them" is an even worse manifestation of that mindset.

With that said, I totally waited a few days to listen to In Rainbows when it came out because I wanted it to be the perfect setting, so I get it to a degree. But I also get what you're saying.

Edited by Black Jesus
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Fuzzyste said:

haha

Ridiculous though it is, pretty impressive actually. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Fuzzyste said:

haha

Oh come on, that's not lame, that's fun. It was made for the occasional "Radiohead night" events run by the Japanese Radiohead cover band, who at this point are practically endorsed by the real band. They have XL people there selling merchandise etc.

(I was there, it was a tasty cake. The cover band also did a version of Ful Stop that's better than any live version I've heard by the real band.)

Edited by Duff
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Duff said:

Oh come on, that's not lame, that's fun. It was made for the occasional "Radiohead night" events run by the Japanese Radiohead cover band, who at this point are practically endorsed by the real band. They have XL people there selling merchandise etc.

(I was there, it was a tasty cake. The cover band also did a version of Ful Stop that's better than any live version I've heard by the real band.)

That band is insane man, isn’t this guy in it too 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fake Chinese Robert Plant said:

That band is insane man, isn’t this guy in it too 

No. He used to be but left or got kicked out following drama.

Went to a Thom Yorke gig with him years ago.

Edited by Duff