Scatterbrain

Best of r/radiohead

a random user came on to the sub and is hosting an AMA because they supposedly know Thom on some level. is it legit or attention-seeking bs? I honestly think it might be real

Nope. He mentions a UK / Europe 2019 tour and I don't want to get my hopes up, especially now that Radiohead's idea of a UK "tour" rarely stretches beyond a couple of shows on a bloody cricket pitch. 

I can definitely see Thom as the kind of guy who hates slow people though. Especially when they walk two abreast and you have to step into the road to overtake. GETOUTTHEFUCKINGWAYSOMEOFUSHAVEFUCKINGSHITTODOGODDAMNYOU

Edited by Grunthos The Flatulent

9 hours ago, htttawar said:

a random user came on to the sub and is hosting an AMA because they supposedly know Thom on some level. is it legit or attention-seeking bs? I honestly think it might be real

That person is an obvious attention seeking teenager.  Anyone here could pull off the same thing because we know so much about the band.  If this person does know Thom he is a cunt because why do this?  It is fake or this person is a complete cunt.  

Fake as. Pretty sure this exact "insider" did an AMA not long ago, and nearly all of his predictions ended up being false. That coffee thing is the smoking gun, but other little things like saying that the band has no plans of LP10 yet then saying that we'll see stuff like Cut a Hole and bloody Dogwander in the future all but proves that this is a hoax. He also seems to know ridiculously detailed information about some things, like how much of a jerk Thom apparently is, but very little about others.

It's just some teenager who's relishing the attention he's getting.

• Like 1

Why do people do that?  What kind of personality do you have where you want random strangers on the internet to think that you know a famous person?  It is sad but that is what that person has come to.  

Zane keeps saying he's met me because he thinks it makes him seem cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Someone in the reddit thread was smart enough to ask him to name lyrics to one of the Suspiria songs. If those lyrics are accuracy, it may confirm legitimacy.

Edited by Bacon

21 hours ago, booger bear said:

The UK is such a small area though.  Where do they have to play other than London?

Um... what?

• Like 1

What I think this is the same guy that leaked HTTT

thing is, with someone so private as Thom, you can just make shit up, like him being married cause no one will ever know. Cause they don’t let us see what isn’t our business and they don’t make their personal lives any where near Radiohead and they aren’t famous enough for anyone to really care. 

As as far as music goes, I doubt anyone in the band is even thinking about LP10. They just wrapped up AMSP, now it’s off to solo work.  So saying anything about a song or whatever is just stupid. 

Maybe this is is someone who is a teenager of someone in their office or management.  Like dad/mom brought home some stuff cause he works with the band in management. So he/she knows more than someone without any access but nothing more than we won’t see public in a couple of weeks. 

On 9/8/2018 at 6:22 AM, htttawar said:

Apparently, the reddit user that posted that thread is like an atease weirdfishee.  Batshit nuts and obsessed with Thom.  

Instead of getting a beer, he got a depression motivated neck tattoo. Sad.

But also hilarious.

On 9/8/2018 at 3:10 PM, booger bear said:

The UK is such a small area though.  Where do they have to play other than London?

A lot of Americans I've met seem to have this dry humoured opinion.

I normally ramble along the lines of "We're efficient with our usage of space, and you can walk or bike 5 for minutes to buy as much frozen or freshly prepared pizza as you want".