Scatterbrain

Best of r/radiohead

On 7/13/2018 at 1:45 PM, hysterical.useless said:

I remember hearing the album announcement on Valentines Day, being with my girlfriend at the time and just not giving shit about her at that point. All I could think about was new Radiohead. I remember Ed being ambiguous about when it was going to be released, and I think the 18th release was a day early?

Anyway, I had pre-ordered the Deluxe Newspaper Edition but downloaded the mp3s for the night. I purposely didn't listen to the record for the whole day because I wanted to make an event of it. We go round my friends house (just the massive Radioheaders) and have some beers and a few joints and go up into is room, which was the chillest room (just one of those rooms with a nice pentagonal shape and orange lighting.

We put the first tune on, and hear the piano sample creeping in. Jesus christ. Words cannot describe our excitement. I remember hugging one of my friends straight away saying "this is the best thing I'm ever going to here" and it was only the first 30 seconds of Bloom.

It was a truly cathartic experience. At one point, 2 of us had to leave the room during Codex and Give up the Ghost because it was just too much! (I kid you not).

I truly think The King of Limbs is some of their finest work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pleasekeepmoving said:

Eh, that's not that bad. At least he didn't annoy Nigel. I've seen much worse on that sub.

haha. fair enough. something about the way it was written gave me a chuckle.

2 hours ago, Grunthos The Flatulent said:

Imagine being this excited for Bodysnatchers :classic_laugh:

ni1cpiapww911.jpg

There’s something about how they put all the (!!!!)s after certain songs in their setlist threads that gives me fanboy douche chills. The mods over there are some of the biggest dullards.

1 hour ago, Fake Chinese Robert Plant said:

There’s something about how they put all the (!!!!)s after certain songs in their setlist threads that gives me fanboy douche chills. The mods over there are some of the biggest dullards.

At least two of the mods there are actually nice ateasers, unlike you. :classic_angry:

Reddit has a good things like hot posts and able to refresh the nights setlist with ease. 

The base of users is just very scrambled. 

What time do I show up for GA

how do I act at a concert 

should I bring my 6 month old baby to see radiohead

look at my drawing I did while high listening to kida

what album should I listen to next 

just very middle school style like me for saying Radiohead. But there some good points to reddit that I wouldn’t have known if atease didn’t go down. It’s just stiffing through the cat shit to find the interesting stuff. 

• Like 1

What Radiohead tatoo should I get next, people just getting any random song on OKC and people proclaiming they just realized TKOL is the best album of all time come to mind..I tried to look for some recent examples but couldn't bother with it..

I got off the subway blasting Climbing Up The Walls and walked into the pouring rain. I wept as I walked to my apartment, arms wide apart. These last two nights have changed every single fiber of my being.

2 hours ago, booger bear said:

and walked into the pouring rain

That sudden thunderstorm was so surreal, after an already surreal night inside MSG

9 hours ago, Fake Chinese Robert Plant said:

Also, don’t have a specific post for this, but just the fact that SLM is a popular and well liked guy over there 

Forgive me but who is SLM?

Posted (edited)

woah this board auto-formats reddit links isn't that nice?

Edited by absay

Atease is very adept at shutting down new and casual fans.  They need a place to go, so reddit is a great place for them.

imagine being new to official msgboard back in the early/mid aughts?  I remember feeling lost and scared, like walking into a massive inside joke only slightly related to Radiohead. that’s prob how newbs feel here.

Never been on reddit until atease went down. Some good things there, but a lot of new fans make it kind of childish

"Everyone that joined here who claimed to be a 'veteran' from AtEase has been seriously rude to random people on here, insulting them"

tfw two veteran ateasers are mods over there.

• Like 1