PackofSandwiches

ARE THERE ANY ADMINS WHO CAN CLEAN THIS MESS UP?

weird how it's just one thread in other forums versus 5 damn pages of new threads 

I wonder what his game or angle even is!

Posted (edited)

These spam posts are like Ash on steroids—more random strings of words with no meaning but done at 20x his volume.

Edited by Scatterbrain
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, duaessences as clay become said:

bump!!  i am bumping as many regular threads as i can find and will also bookmark them to continue the process more easily !!

superhero 

• Like 1

ok!!  now there are almost enough threads to reclaim the main page here :) 
It will of course be possible to create a few new threads, perhaps just ones that haven't happened yet such as one for In Rainbows, that can be bumped and then it will be a whole page of actual threads that can be quickly refreshed! 

That tells me , perhaps, that he may have accidentally clicked on the first message and didn't actually read it. 

Either way he clearly does not know that this is a stranger and more cluttering situation than the first one, with now probably 600 posts, it seems like two are added per hour, every hour. 

9 hours ago, thatthere said:

The time and effort of an admin/mod would be a better use of energies---

though your efforts are admirable @duaessences as clay become it's a shame to have to back door troubleshoot !

is there someone who can "reach out" to @adriaan to find a longer term solution?  

Yes :) I can't keep bumping the threads because it will then clutter them with bump posts, well, unless i wrote a good reply to each one.  i have them all bookmarked so when something new actually happens, if the bot has not been removed, this forum can at least be somewht reset to normal.  

Edited by duaessences as clay become

There are some overall good sides to this other than the cluttering!  but the cluttering makes it hard to remember:

* most subforums are basically the same

* There isn't much to discuss about Radiohead currently, so it is better timing than not

* It is a bot rather than a troll so it doesn't respond to our posts and even mostly avoids existing threads (It isn't stopping us from posting)

* Adriaan can clean it up in one step once he actually gets here!

* Most likely he will also change some board settings so this cannot reoccur

Edited by duaessences as clay become