PackofSandwiches

ARE THERE ANY ADMINS WHO CAN CLEAN THIS MESS UP?

It seems to be something about the board being accessible without logging in first.  

There should be a way to do that in the admin options!  either to make each subforum login only or maybe even the main page of the board itself! 

Edited by duaessences as clay become

My login stopped working so I had to set up a new one... Let me use the email address I already had but it's lost all my history which must be over 10 years of stuff...

Adriaan said shortly after relaunch that he wasn’t assigning mods but he’s not here often enough to clean this stuff up so we should really be taking nominations...

id like to nominate myself, Scatterbrain the First.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Scatterbrain said:

Adriaan said shortly after relaunch that he wasn’t assigning mods but he’s not here often enough to clean this stuff up so we should really be taking nominations...

I will second Scatterbrain the First!

• Like 1

Fun fact: I wrote Adriaan on Facebook that this place needs some mods. We have been flooded with spam, and it's not the first time.

He read my message -  but didn't reply. Not one single word! :classic_wacko:

Edited by audionerd

I've sent Adriaan another message on fb. The last one which he didn't reply was from 15 days ago.The time of the last big spam attack.

I fear he might pull the plug again. Seems he has lost interest in ateaseweb again.

On 9/28/2019 at 2:52 AM, audionerd said:

Fun fact: I wrote Adriaan on Facebook that this place needs some mods. We have been flooded with spam, and it's not the first time.

He read my message -  but didn't reply. Not one single word! :classic_wacko:

Yeah, back in July I asked if A could change this setup so a log in would be needed to post anything.  He has never replied.

I think a required log in not only helps limit bot attacks, but provides a bit more content privacy.   

Edited by thatthere
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 10:10 PM, Scatterbrain said:

I'd consider being a backup to Scatterbrain, or anyone, but A has kinda made it clear that so far he doesn't want admins/mods.  Perhaps he'll change his mind since bot invasions will mean more work for him.  Let's hope this gets the attention it needs.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, audionerd said:

I've sent Adriaan another message on fb. The last one which he didn't reply was from 15 days ago.The time of the last big spam attack.

I fear he might pull the plug again. Seems he has lost interest in ateaseweb again.

He did fix the first one! (or he has someone else who can log in as admin)

i am guessing he is trying to decide what to do, while simultaneously being busy.  

Edited by duaessences as clay become
  • Like 1

He doesn't want moderators and doesn't care about the people concerned? What's his goal? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Olaf said:

He doesn't want moderators and doesn't care about the people concerned? What's his goal? 

I think Adriaan's comment about the idea of not adding separate moderators was during the beginning of the new board where some people had made accounts with the names of former atease mods to see if they would be given positions!  There was no way to tell and he knew he could handle it himself given the lower membership and slower activity from Radiohead. 

Obviously this right now is something but i think it is a promising sign that it is just a single bot.  When he has time he will probably be able to delete the account and all of the threads and posts that it has made will be auto deleted? 

send us the Baptist!  or Goudvis!  or even ... Kian (wasn't he a mod, too) ?!?

ENOUGH OF RUSSIA'S INTERFERENCE IN THE 2019 MESSAGE~BOARD

This AGGRESSION will not STAND, MAN!