Thom Yorke - ANIMA

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't get when people say things like 'a typical Thom Yorke record' or 'one of his best solo songs.' What is a typical sound from him? The Eraser and Tomorrow's Modern Boxes sound pretty marked

Posted Images

The day people will receive the vinyl. Officialy? In a year, maybe...Or two. Like Ill Wind. (I really don't like that vinyl bonus track nonsense, but well...)

Edited by Olaf

Isn't there some early bio style thing on the band from a quaint music mag where Thom goes on about how he drinks too much. Or loves drinking. Same thing, really.

Strange you never see him with a beer on stage. Or anywhere tbh.

12 hours ago, forward said:

Isn't there some early bio style thing on the band from a quaint music mag where Thom goes on about how he drinks too much. Or loves drinking. Same thing, really.

1738770857_ScreenShot2019-07-05at9_59_36AM.thumb.png.6d52a23b8c0cc561a09a4a6d4677d7be.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
13 hours ago, forward said:

I know in Ed’s diary for Kid A, there’s a handful of entries about them getting super fucked up while recording that.

14 hours ago, forward said:

873224A3-3E6D-4790-A2B0-794952D1040B.jpeg

14 hours ago, forward said:

D51AD9F1-13C0-4554-911C-1E6BDA20D0CC.jpeg

17 hours ago, forward said:

Image result for thom yorke fell

• Haha 12
  • Confused 1

I think it's very good quality, much more consistent than his later solo/AFP releases.  Twist segueing into Dawn Chorus into Rude Person is very fine indeed.  I wonder whether that sequence was ever in the mix for AMSP, but didn't make the cut and was 'released' to Thom for a more electronic solo treatment.  Twist especially feels very much more developed than a lot of his solo work, and I could easily imagine a full band version with more work on the bridge passage in the middle.  I love it to death.  

On 7/5/2019 at 12:52 AM, forward said:

From what I’ve seen personally and from what I’ve read, Radiohead were always very serious about their work. They were always very serious about their live performances. Even in the 90s, there was much said about oasis coming on stage drunk and doing half ass shows. 

I know the band wasn’t not about to go on stage perform half assed like that. But after the shows, the wine, liquor and weed would flow. With Radiohead treating their sound checks as time to work in full band arrangements of newer material, I don’t think they gave themselves the free time to get fucked up before a show. Most likely they were just waking up right before the sound check and again would reserve the drinking and whatever else for the time after the gig, at the hotel or night traveling between cities. 

Thom gave up smoking in the early 90s to help his voice and even on their 93 tours he wouldn’t talk or give interviews before a gig to save his voice for the show. 

I do remember seeing beer bottles on stage on some of the 1993 era shows but never after. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Robjonas said:

From what I’ve seen personally and from what I’ve read, Radiohead were always very serious about their work. They were always very serious about their live performances. Even in the 90s, there was much said about oasis coming on stage drunk and doing half ass shows. 

I know the band wasn’t not about to go on stage perform half assed like that. But after the shows, the wine, liquor and weed would flow. With Radiohead treating their sound checks as time to work in full band arrangements of newer material, I don’t think they gave themselves the free time to get fucked up before a show. Most likely they were just waking up right before the sound check and again would reserve the drinking and whatever else for the time after the gig, at the hotel or night traveling between cities. 

Thom gave up smoking in the early 90s to help his voice and even on their 93 tours he wouldn’t talk or give interviews before a gig to save his voice for the show. 

I do remember seeing beer bottles on stage on some of the 1993 era shows but never after. 

At ACL 2016 weekend 2 when it was both Flying Lotus and Thom’s birthday, FlyLo said something to the effect of “it’s me and Thom’s birthday. I’ve been drinking all day but Thom won’t have a drop until after the show because he’s a professional like that.”

• Like 1