Thom Yorke - ANIMA

3 hours ago, chernobyl2 said:

Unpopular opinion but I sincerely hope FMA never gets released.

I'd like to hear their studio attempts at it on a release like the leaked tapes or something but I agree in terms of polishing it up for a future Radiohead album.

• Like 1
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't get when people say things like 'a typical Thom Yorke record' or 'one of his best solo songs.' What is a typical sound from him? The Eraser and Tomorrow's Modern Boxes sound pretty marked

Posted Images

:flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: 

I don't get when people say things like 'a typical Thom Yorke record' or 'one of his best solo songs.'

What is a typical sound from him? The Eraser and Tomorrow's Modern Boxes sound pretty markedly different. The former is skittery and beat driven and a little more reliant on guitars and basses as well as choruses, structures that fill the personality of the song... Tomorrow's Modern Boxes seems completely made with computers and is slower, more hazy, far more electronic, and there's almost no lyricism in comparison.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Not sure whether I'm excited for this or not. I liked The Eraser, wasn't a huge fan of TMB's and am a bit up in the air with some of his live stuff these days. After hearing the minidisc leaks I'd be more excited for a solo acoustic album from Thom. But that's just me....we'll see what it's like first.

• Like 1

I love The Eraser.

TMB is interesting but felt a mechanical and it didn't resonate with me emotionally. So im kind of hoping that he pulls it back a bit and the tracks actually feel like songs and less like backing tracks for a fashion show.    

just had a listen to some of the live tracks and its difficult because his vocals aren't great on any of those live performances. Can't judge right now, but i assume this will be bleep bloop soup.

On 6/20/2019 at 3:57 PM, Fake Chinese Robert Plant said:

If they changed a few things about it I could see it working on the next album, especially if LP10 is another political album as speculated.

Is there any basis to the idea of it being a political album?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Zane said:

Is there any basis to the idea of it being a political album?

I honestly can’t remember. I feel like I recall them saying it might be something like that around the same time that Rolling Stone article happened in the middle of the AMSP tour and they said they were considering a “guitar, bass, and drums” record, but I might’ve imagined it entirely.