Sign in to follow this  
KrK22

Thom Yorke - ANIMA

so gearheads are cokeheads / drugfiends?

look @ yr gaaaaame, gear!

On 7/7/2019 at 9:41 AM, Robjonas said:

From what I’ve seen personally and from what I’ve read, Radiohead were always very serious about their work. They were always very serious about their live performances. Even in the 90s, there was much said about oasis coming on stage drunk and doing half ass shows. 

I know the band wasn’t not about to go on stage perform half assed like that. But after the shows, the wine, liquor and weed would flow. With Radiohead treating their sound checks as time to work in full band arrangements of newer material, I don’t think they gave themselves the free time to get fucked up before a show. Most likely they were just waking up right before the sound check and again would reserve the drinking and whatever else for the time after the gig, at the hotel or night traveling between cities. 

Thom gave up smoking in the early 90s to help his voice and even on their 93 tours he wouldn’t talk or give interviews before a gig to save his voice for the show. 

I do remember seeing beer bottles on stage on some of the 1993 era shows but never after. 

What about destroying your voice out drinking at bars the night before? Did he ever try and account for that? Or I guess he wouldn't strain it too bad and then saved it day of shows.

5 hours ago, Musickiksreal said:

What about destroying your voice out drinking at bars the night before? Did he ever try and account for that? Or I guess he wouldn't strain it too bad and then saved it day of shows.

Uhhh real Kiks or Fabri?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah at lolla 08 he was all fucked up on a mix of weed and booze so bad that his voice would clip during the loud parts. Actually... I think that was me. Nvm.  

23 hours ago, Scatterbrain said:

Uhhh real Kiks or Fabri?

I swear I don't have any fake accounts on here!

That's either kiks or a very good impersonator :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually surprised at how much I've listened to and enjoyed ANIMA since it came out, bravo Thom. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it's pretty good. I would put last I heard later in the tracklist and Impossible Knots is the one that doesn't fit the album for me, though I do like it. But it sounds like an Atoms for Peace song.

Twist and The Axe are my favorites. Still really digging Not the News as well.

I'm gonna actually sit and listen to this with headphones while reading the lyrics. Too many people saying it is actually good. Only one listen through my TV soundbar/sub so, we'll see...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Black Jesus said:

Yeah, it's pretty good. I would put last I heard later in the tracklist and Impossible Knots is the one that doesn't fit the album for me, though I do like it. But it sounds like an Atoms for Peace song.

Twist and The Axe are my favorites. Still really digging Not the News as well.

Like every track on the record. Just wish there was a bit more? It's a 47 min album but seems to be over in 20 minutes..anybody else getting that?

5 hours ago, Musickiksreal said:

I'm gonna actually sit and listen to this with headphones while reading the lyrics. Too many people saying it is actually good. Only one listen through my TV soundbar/sub so, we'll see...

YES IT'S HIM :classic_love:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fuzzyste said:

Like every track on the record. Just wish there was a bit more? It's a 47 min album but seems to be over in 20 minutes..anybody else getting that?

Impossible Knots, I Am a Very Rude Person and Runwayaway are cute but pass by very fast, as if nothing happened: I guess that's why it feels short. Which is not a bad thing. It's cohesive in a broken way.

Posted (edited)

I found it pretty hard to concentrate on this record but in any case...

It's ok. Only a few tracks that would draw me back. Traffic, Dawn Chorus, maybe Not the News? Maybe? Impossible Knots, the bassline almost sounds like the melody for The English Beat's Mirror in the Bathroom. Axe is surely about his synth(s)/computer? Dawn Chorus did give me chills this time around. Traffic is like a mix between The Gloaming, Feral and Brain In a Bottle.

But yeah, still doesn't hold a candle to The Eraser overall. But better than past efforts. -shrug-

Edited by Musickiksreal

4 hours ago, mr. mojo risin' said:

anyone want to PM me the b-side (Ladies and Gentleman thank you for coming)

Is it even out?

hopefully he has something special planned for the 50th year anne of moon landing

moon shaped poop rocks 7 incher!

On 7/10/2019 at 1:30 PM, Ash said:

so gearheads are cokeheads / drugfiends?

look @ yr gaaaaame, gear!

:classic_laugh: are you referencing that charles manson song?

-kkkkkathleeeeen

Two Feet Off the Ground is already a great track.  Will it be changed for the better as L&G?  Twist has been transformed from something literally unlistenable (as in get up and turn it off) into a fully developed killer track.  Some might say it's overproduced, but that would not be me.