Sign in to follow this  
KrK22

Thom Yorke - ANIMA

5 hours ago, chernobyl2 said:

couldn't disagree more with all of this hahaha

Shit if anything I wish a couple of the songs were longer. I could listen to 15 mins of Saturdays and the end of The Axe. Both are ripe to be a 10-15 min jam.

• Like 2

"Dawn Chorus" is probably Thom's most beautiful/heartbreaking solo song yet. It sounds like it could have been included on A Moon Shaped Pool. The album as a whole is very good, but that track is definitely the standout for me. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Black Jesus said:

Shit if anything I wish a couple of the songs were longer. I could listen to 15 mins of Saturdays and the end of The Axe. Both are ripe to be a 10-15 min jam.

Agreed. I've been fantasizing/hoping that we get extended mixes of some/most of these songs. I also wish some of the songs, e.g. Impossible Knots were heavier, as they are live. More oomph. But overall I'm loving the album. 

Watched the film last night. Kinda looks nice. But choreography ain't really my jam. It's a bit naff. And Thom's had a hard-on for it since about 2010... you'd think the bloke would have culminated it all with a feature film, high budget movie about dancing! Get over it Tomah.

20 hours ago, Zane said:

goddamn Dawn Chorus is lovely 

I think he intentionally made the melody not timeless. So good 

Posted (edited)

I’m seriously considering driving to see Thom solo. Honestly never thought the day would come after being let down by Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes. 

Edited by Boogersugar

42 minutes ago, Boogersugar said:

I’m seriously considering driving to see Thom solo. Honestly never thought the day would come after being let down by Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes. 

It's worth it. Smaller venues and killer bass. Setlists should include more of Anima now too. Even though when I saw him last fall they played 6/10 (counting two feet) of it already anyway. 

2 hours ago, Boogersugar said:

You should seriously do it. I’ve seen him perform this material three times now (and probably four more times this year), and it has helped me understand and enjoy this mostly electronic material (and Thom) much more. 

And they’re really fun shows too. The bass really makes it work for me.

Are there any songs Thom's played live, that haven't appeared on Anima/recorded material?

Wow, can't believe this forum is still around.  I used to be active around in the early 2000s.  

Anyway, I was inspired to see what Radiohead forums were still around to see what people were saying about Anima.  I think it is Thom's best solo release to date.  I can't stop listening to it.  In fact, on the track Twist, from 3:55 till the end if quite possibly the best couple minutes of music I've heard from Thom in quite some time.  It is absolute genius.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, faketree78 said:

Wow, can't believe this forum is still around.  I used to be active around in the early 2000s.  

Same here it was one of the first websites I ever went on when I first got the internet in 2000 pre-kid a!  Glad to see its still going haven't been on here since aroung the time of TKOL

Loving the new album from Mr Yorke, so does the deluxe version have a few new tracks confirmed then yet?

It has one more track which is certainly a reworked version of Two Feet Off the Ground.

I'm not generally a fan of Thom's electronica, I enjoyed about half of the eraser and none of TMB. Anima though is his best yet.  Dawn Chorus is fucking special.

He's right it's just another version of the track.  It has to do with the ASCAP that was updated a month before release.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, booger bear said:

He's right it's just another version of the track.  It has to do with the ASCAP that was updated a month before release.

Yep. It's registered as "Ladies and Gentlemen (Thank You For Coming)" and has the alternate title "Two Feet Off the Ground" on the page as well. 

• Like 1

2 ft. off of that ground aka ladies & gentlemen (thank you for coming) [make sure to tip your bartenders and purchase some more mouth-watering orange juice on the way out!]

or uh... what's that other one?

good evening, m'damn!

11 hours ago, Ash said:

2 ft. off of that ground aka ladies & gentlemen (thank you for coming) [make sure to tip your bartenders and purchase some more mouth-watering orange juice on the way out!]

or uh... what's that other one?

good evening, m'damn!

Morning Mr magpie! 😠

29 minutes ago, Duff said:

Anima Part 2 coming????

ANIMUS coming... I hear bill mckibbens will replace thoms gf in the next film, but otherwise the exact same. 

• Haha 1