Sign in to follow this  
KrK22

Thom Yorke - ANIMA

Oh man, I just listened to Dawn Chorus for the first time. Is there anyone who listened to that without crying the first time? It just stopped me in my tracks. So good.

Nothing else on the album has grabbed me the same way. It's early, though.

Pitchfork’s review just went up, 8.3 BNM.

I was completely not expecting that at all lol, that is by far and away their highest score for a Thom solo record. They are completely back in the tank for Radiohead again since AMSP.

5 minutes ago, Fake Chinese Robert Plant said:

Pitchfork’s review just went up, 8.3 BNM.

I was completely not expecting that at all lol, that is by far and away their highest score for a Thom solo record. They are completely back in the tank for Radiohead again since AMSP.

Can’t be bothered to read review. Please write a full synopsis below thanks 

Listened a few times. The back half of “Twist” is gorgeous. Love “Dawn Chorus” but my favorite is probably “Runwayaway.”

31 minutes ago, mr. mojo risin' said:

Where are the jams

“I Am a Very Rude Person” jams.

Wow, Thom really needs an editor. This album is 15 minutes too long.

its also uhhh not very good

It was incredibly satisfying to start today by watching Anima on Netflix.   It's compelling and wonderful.  I can't wait to listen to the album in its entirety, and  I can tell after the first hearing of Dawn Chorus that it's one of "those" songs that will embed.  Looking forward to discussing it with my daughter who is a dancer and choreographer, as the visual aspect of the film is so very provocative.  It's clear and emotional and beautifully fresh.  I've always loved that this work has partnered with movement and this was especially well done.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Belly of a Whale said:

Oh man, I just listened to Dawn Chorus for the first time. Is there anyone who listened to that without crying the first time? It just stopped me in my tracks. So good.

Nothing else on the album has grabbed me the same way. It's early, though.

i had the same reaction but didn't cry - as a friend of mine said, its like a modern version of TLW - my mind went straight to Rachel - maybe that's why it made me sad

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CHAZ934 said:

Wow, Thom really needs an editor. This album is 15 minutes too long.

its also uhhh not very good

couldn't disagree more with all of this hahaha

• Like 2

12 hours ago, booger bear said:

This album is not very good.  Oh well.  Stick with Radiohead Thom.  

That's crazy talk. I think it's his best solo album so far, though I do love some of Eraser more than some of ANIMA. 

40 minutes ago, Skehan said:

That's crazy talk. I think it's his best solo album so far, though I do love some of Eraser more than some of ANIMA. 

Best solo album for sure.

1 hour ago, JointAttention said:

Where might one watch the ANIMA video if he doesn't have Netflix?

I think it's currently only available on Netflix. If I was you I would try torrent sites to see if anyone has uploaded it yet. Pirate Bay doesn't have it. Good luck!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Skehan said:

I think it's currently only available on Netflix. If I was you I would try torrent sites to see if anyone has uploaded it yet. Pirate Bay doesn't have it. Good luck!

I was able to find it pretty easily by Googling "Thom Yorke Anima MP4." (Though I actually got an MKV file.)

Edited by JointAttention
  • Like 1