Do you have more faith in Radiohead's judgment after listening to the minidiscs

On 6/19/2019 at 1:44 AM, omensetter said:

the most confusing thing about their editorial process is that, in spite of how critical and careful they clearly were, they still allowed Electioneering onto the album 

Electioneering is great though

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don’t know about that.  Sounded like they legitimately mucked it up with those “a day in the life “ strings

I fucking a hate you peoples. No fan here? Who the fucking hell are tyou to say this early version is good or this one is bad? Get your shit togheter! Give radiohead sone air to breath. This is bad, t

the most confusing thing about their editorial process is that, in spite of how critical and careful they clearly were, they still allowed Electioneering onto the album 

I think the most interesting thing for me is that knowing that having listened to Thom's, Jonny's and Phil's solo work they are all on a similar course in regards to the type of music they output. It's not being forced by one particular member. I'm sure when Ed's solo work comes out there will be plenty of similarities as well. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

17 hours of Kid A stuff would restore my faith 

Or would it ruin it further as "wtf they had this in their vault all along?"

Massively hypothetical anyway. The minidiscs are a nice listen but Thom taping James Bond music off the telly and vamping chords gets sorta old

But the gold the gold the gold.

I like the unmastered OK Computer tracks as basically from that album on Radiohead albums have been brickwalled to fuck n back

• Like 1
On 6/19/2019 at 6:32 AM, omensetter said:

gotta say i'm more interested than ever to get a glimpse at the Kid A/Amnesiac sessions because I can't imagine imagine taking the crazy amount of material and weird experiments they had their hands on in that period and trimming it down to Kid A's track listing

I feel bad for past you, here

I just hope future me laughs at how foolish my doubt was here

What was the outro of optimistic from? A fourteen minute Colinoddysey?

Just now, Ron said:

outro to optimistic be a diffint voyshen of optimistic!  Airbody know dat, cuz!  Somma us wanna hear dat shit!

Ah mention dis shit cuz, and dis be it's charm:

It's got a possibly intentionally awkward splice even in the middle of THAT

It's already like two segments of a longer piece shmushed thegither to make a longer whole

What is it FROM though.

So like. The meatsack up thread asking WHAT WOULD YOU EVEN WANT ANYWAY?

I just say: What you got?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...