Sign in to follow this  
Glitchd

Ban me

Had six people in 24 hours personally attack me, ranging from "are you 15 years old" to "you have a low IQ" to "are you from reddit"? (in reverse order of offensiveness!)

I don't get it - I've lurked a while and people clamoured for new users, and while I've had assholes come after me for uh signing up, it's been a relentless tide of negativity on what I thought was surely the greatest day in Radiohead fandom for a while. Just don't see why I should pollute my days... I have the music, and it makes me happy.

Sorry, I liked AtEase back before the shutdown, but if I wanted random abuse for no fucking reason, I'd become a politician... Delete this account utterly, I will not be back.

Thanks to Appearcomposed; genuinely the most switched on person I've spoken to! (And Spaghettimatt was gracious enough to show me a human side after a mutual rocky start). You have good people; but my advice is do something about the stupid, aggressive, elitist attitudes.

If you're this concerned about what some internet people have to say about you, then... It's you, not them.

Glitchd, with the internet you must learn to filter out the poop. It is true that people can be a bit like poopy toilet paper, but the thing with poopy toilet paper is that you have to wipe the poop away and put it in the toilet. Don't keep holding onto to a poopy piece of paper, because the smell will start to drive you crazy!

• Thanks 1

he porbly secretly gets off on it!

(the poop I mean!)

sick fuck!

• Haha 1

I imagine nothing other than being new to the board. 

I'm 'old new' (I was here a long time ago) and I only came back looking for news about the leak from a site and community I trusted everyday once upon a time. 

As much as I can't rationalise everyone's attitude on here, especially as my first post alluded to some toxicity, I'd stick it out. 

Be part of this community. We all like Radiohead. So we at least we have something in common. 

Man this place is an oasis of calm compared to what it was. It was truly vile at one point, especially gen chat with people actually trying to ruin each other’s lives 

4 hours ago, Zane said:

Man this place is an oasis of calm compared to what it was. It was truly vile at one point, especially gen chat with people actually trying to ruin each other’s lives 

This is true. ICBA but someone should dig up the NME article somebody wrote about the old Atease. There were some proper, proper scumbags on this site. 

I remember when I first ventured into gen chat I was legit quite horrified and then after a couple of years of being in it it just rubs off on you and then you end up a cunt too. Glad it’s all over 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Zane said:

I hope you didn't take the attempts to ruin your life seriously / personally!

(that piano fell of its own accord!)

[we wished you WELL!]