Sign in to follow this  
Zane

What are your highlights of the leak?

On 6/11/2019 at 6:13 PM, MarkGrace said:

Was never a big fan of Palo Alto, but do quite like this early version.

It's my 2nd favorite OKC b-side behind Pearly. These songs were good enough they almost could have been a foundation for another rocking album that had a different sound from both The Bends and OKC. If they wanted to go that route. Though I consider Kid A/Amnesic era a relative equal to OKC overall, so I don't mind the route they went. 

The Airbag EP was actually my first Radiohead album, as weird as that sounds. I was "aware" of Radiohead through the mid 90's but not yet a fan. I bought the Airbag EP randomly at a local record store that was right next door to where I worked, they had it marked for $5 at the front of the store so I just figured i'd give it a shot (even though I knew it was just Airbag and a bunch of songs I'd never heard), after just one listen to these b-sides the very next day I went back and bought OK Computer...and the rest is history. Didn't take me long to aquire The Bends and Pablo after that.

12 hours ago, reallybigboots said:

It's my 2nd favorite OKC b-side behind Pearly. These songs were good enough they almost could have been a foundation for another rocking album that had a different sound from both The Bends and OKC. If they wanted to go that route. Though I consider Kid A/Amnesic era a relative equal to OKC overall, so I don't mind the route they went. 

The Airbag EP was actually my first Radiohead album, as weird as that sounds. I was "aware" of Radiohead through the mid 90's but not yet a fan. I bought the Airbag EP randomly at a local record store that was right next door to where I worked, they had it marked for $5 at the front of the store so I just figured i'd give it a shot (even though I knew it was just Airbag and a bunch of songs I'd never heard), after just one listen to these b-sides the very next day I went back and bought OK Computer...and the rest is history. Didn't take me long to aquire The Bends and Pablo after that.

Their early EP's were always fantastic. My Iron Lung EP was their best in my opinion. Some great tracks on there.

• Like 1

I don't like it when EPs feature album tracks!

also so many people thought of com lag as more of a cum rag!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ash said:

I don't like it when EPs feature album tracks!

also so many people thought of com lag as more of a cum rag!

True. My Iron Lung only had the one (if you don't included the Creep acoustic version). Some great 90's Radiohead on that EP.

On 6/13/2019 at 6:38 AM, reallybigboots said:

Posted (edited)

!!  Was this in the minidiscs??  Most of the discs i have not yet heard.  either way, it is definitely a highlight now! Colin plays such warm and wandering full melody lines, it is a perfect complement to the version we know with the stacatto riffs veering in and out! He even plays that ascending line from Lift near the beginning!  There is so much to love about this arrangement! 

Edited by duaessences as clay become
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

yes!! My fav version of airbag, it’s the 16th track on the 1st minidisc. So so good

the last minute :’)

Edited by baba booey