Fuzzyste

18 hours of Ok Computer stuff leaked?

2 hours ago, no452 said:

Seriously though, the official release is a lossless preservation of the minidisc audio, which in itself is compressed, but it's a different kind of compression to mp3. The leak is more complete because it has all the copyrighted material that had to be edited out, but it is a 192 kbps transcode with some notable compression artifacts and some of the higher frequencies shaved off.

I see! Thanks!

The release was presumably time-limited because it let Radiohead put the leak out there properly and raise money for charity without having to formally recognise it as part of their canon/discography.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duff said:

The release was presumably time-limited because it let Radiohead put the leak out there properly and raise money for charity without having to formally recognise it as part of their canon/discography.

Yupp. They're smart dudes.

I just can't believe with 17 hours of "new" OKC era material we didn't get Dogwander, which all we have is that gritty half-baked version in that video of a soundcheck showing what could have been 😪

Edited by Musickiksreal

On 7/1/2019 at 1:50 AM, Musickiksreal said:

I just can't believe with 17 hours of "new" OKC era material we didn't get Dogwander, which all we have is that gritty half-baked version in that video of a soundcheck showing what could have been 😪

This is a classic example of us having literally 0 indication that track is Dogwander, but people accepting it as gospel regardless.

How does everyone like Thom's solo version of Wake Me that is DEFINITELY DAWN CHORUS?

• Sad 1

Damn. Guess here's some info. Guy on youtube said he met Thom and Nigel after their show (6 months ago) and asked about Dogwander:

Hylton E
I met Thom after his show last night and asked what happened to this song. He tapped his head and said "you probably know better than I do". Then I met Nigel a few minutes later and asked him the same thing, specifically why it wasn't on the tape in the OKC 20th Anniversary box set. He said that it was in the running but "it wasn't good enough"! Ayyyy 😞
Edited by Musickiksreal

Do we know if Dogwander was even a song? What if it just turned out to be that video sample from the minidiscs and it was misled as a song title for all these years? 

1 hour ago, Fuzzyste said:

Do we know if Dogwander was even a song? What if it just turned out to be that video sample from the minidiscs and it was misled as a song title for all these years? 

an airbag saved my life* in an interstella burst i am back to save the universe computer drums bass wrong 
lift* is hard work you been stuck in a lift we been trying to reach you thom the belly of the whale (thanks Rei xxxx) 
paranoid android* get busy with the shakers while im fast asleep could you stop the noise im trying ta get some rest this the place it wont hurt ever again 
karma police* girl with hitler hairdo everybodys friend life in a glasshouse phew for a minute there i lost myself i lost myself sit down your safe now 
polyethelene*will never break down swirly self announcements. stuck in a frozen lake. the penultimate place in dante's hell. 
last flowers till the hospital*is a sign discovered in oxford -my unhealthy obsession with these institutions. analysts may get the connection. ambulances scream past my house at all hours of the day and night like the confessionals of Larkin's "Ambulan s." 
let down*in the midst of monster tour the momentum getting drunk to talk bombarded by dangerously high levels of radiation from xray machines. one day, one day... 
climbing up the walls*both managers and record company are nervous about such a nasty sound coming out of the speakers. this is a good sign. 
dogwander* bring on another take better than another cake. 
nude* it is a mans world. and this one is very confused and will have sex with anything woman who comes within a mile radius. but feels bad about it. so doesnt. 
exit song (for a film)* cannot be listened to more than once in a row. which made recording it easy. or not. but what film? 
big boots* it was a long time ago and i cant remember. a whole orchestra watching the film and playing along. real life is dull. i am i the white lotus flying off the quay with barbara bach.

It definitely was a song. Doesn't mean they ever recorded a version that was worth anything.

• Like 1

Isn't it also mentioned somewhere in Thom's OKC notebooks, included with the OKNOTOK special edition? I've never read it so I'm not sure.

12 hours ago, Duff said:

Isn't it also mentioned somewhere in Thom's OKC notebooks, included with the OKNOTOK special edition? I've never read it so I'm not sure.

Yeah I believe it is, like just one little blip.

Sorry, shoulda multi-quoted but can't figure out how to edit it.

12 hours ago, no452 said:

an airbag saved my life* in an interstella burst i am back to save the universe computer drums bass wrong 
lift* is hard work you been stuck in a lift we been trying to reach you thom the belly of the whale (thanks Rei xxxx) 
paranoid android* get busy with the shakers while im fast asleep could you stop the noise im trying ta get some rest this the place it wont hurt ever again 
karma police* girl with hitler hairdo everybodys friend life in a glasshouse phew for a minute there i lost myself i lost myself sit down your safe now 
polyethelene*will never break down swirly self announcements. stuck in a frozen lake. the penultimate place in dante's hell. 
last flowers till the hospital*is a sign discovered in oxford -my unhealthy obsession with these institutions. analysts may get the connection. ambulances scream past my house at all hours of the day and night like the confessionals of Larkin's "Ambulan s." 
let down*in the midst of monster tour the momentum getting drunk to talk bombarded by dangerously high levels of radiation from xray machines. one day, one day... 
climbing up the walls*both managers and record company are nervous about such a nasty sound coming out of the speakers. this is a good sign. 
dogwander* bring on another take better than another cake. 
nude* it is a mans world. and this one is very confused and will have sex with anything woman who comes within a mile radius. but feels bad about it. so doesnt. 
exit song (for a film)* cannot be listened to more than once in a row. which made recording it easy. or not. but what film? 
big boots* it was a long time ago and i cant remember. a whole orchestra watching the film and playing along. real life is dull. i am i the white lotus flying off the quay with barbara bach.

It definitely was a song. Doesn't mean they ever recorded a version that was worth anything.

Yeah and the fact that he says "better than another cake" does fall in line with the lyrics he sings in the soundcheck video "you're baking a cake" though of course I think a lot of that is just mumble lyrics and him finding his way with it, but who knows. I mean Nigel apparently confirmed it's real but wasn't good enough for the OKC tapes. Blah!

Edited by Musickiksreal

On 7/13/2019 at 1:18 PM, Duff said:

mentioned a couple of times actually, once on a page full of notes about possible approaches to various songs which actually made the album, eg. getting an opera singer on airbag, dj shadow scratching on electioneering etc. The only notes for dogwander are

> jonny on phasing lead guitar

> ed on keyboards

> AMS rising delay thing

and in the smaller book, theres a page of unused lyrics headed "(dogwander) / the national anthem"

So it's definitely a song of some kind...i'm very curious about a potential connection to TNA

I do like the sound of that little soundcheck snippet but i don't think there's anything to prove that it's dogwander - the cake lyric doesn't convince me, Man of War also mentions cakes and is from the same period, and we know from the minidisc leak that certain lyrics/phrases moved between songs

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, dizzee satchel said:

mentioned a couple of times actually, once on a page full of notes about possible approaches to various songs which actually made the album, eg. getting an opera singer on airbag, dj shadow scratching on electioneering etc. The only notes for dogwander are

> jonny on phasing lead guitar

> ed on keyboards

> AMS rising delay thing

and in the smaller book, theres a page of unused lyrics headed "(dogwander) / the national anthem"

So it's definitely a song of some kind...i'm very curious about a potential connection to TNA

I do like the sound of that little soundcheck snippet but i don't think there's anything to prove that it's dogwander - the cake lyric doesn't convince me, Man of War also mentions cakes and is from the same period, and we know from the minidisc leak that certain lyrics/phrases moved between songs

Any chance you could post the unused lyrics, and if you're feeling charitable, that full page of notes too?!

Edited by chernobyl2

2 hours ago, Fake Chinese Robert Plant said:

here

a3579077505_0.jpg

yeah it was a some tv noise of a cartoon or something? Thats why im asking if we ever knew it was a real thing. 

4 hours ago, chernobyl2 said:

Any chance you could post the unused lyrics, and if you're feeling charitable, that full page of notes too?!

bit hard to make out all the lyrics (it's a small book) -

(dogwander) / the national anthem

ladies and gentlemen the missiles are flying

hallelujah

maybe you should think nice thoughts

hit that minty highway norman  (???? seriously? this is what it says)

weasel words

holiday cataracts

nailed down to the tracks

and a bad wind blows it blows

hallelujah! (into reagan) (?)

all the dreams in my head after what you said

"I'm building an empire, and when i'm on

the top people will swear i did nothing wrong at all"

"I will have land,

and that land will be covered with cattle and cotton

and the railroad, i want a piece of that too"

a nail in your tyres and bugbear (?) i know what i'm gonna do

where d'you want to go today?

absolute bollocks basically. not sure if any of this ties up to the track we know as dogwander

• Haha 1