Fuzzyste

18 hours of Ok Computer stuff leaked?

I Don't Want To Hurt You has become a real staple of my daily listen to this gigantic pile. 

Really wish they had at least developed that as a b-side, I think it would fit nicely with stuff like Melatonin or HIMMM

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Zane said:

Please could you give a timestamp?

On the leak it's Disc 10 - 18:02

Pretty sure it's the same for the official release too - has Thom on acoustic and vox with a simple drum machine and some low bg synth stuff.

• Like 1

Yeah that song is really sweet, the synths in it are classic Fake Plastic Trees-y Radiohead. It should be so corny but it works exceptionally well. Pretty and introspective.

2 hours ago, Omgy said:

that song about a customer service helpline is the most OK Computer thing

It's hilarious because it sounds like it could have been written recently because of all of that jargon happening to also apply to social media. 

RADIOHEAD ARE PROPHETS OF THE FUTURE? 

big if true

That version of the bends before is pretty snoozy in a nice way. So glad they got it to where it ended up though. The Earl’s Court performance from night 2 is my fave version 

i totally forgot how amazing a song The Bends is

Edited by Zane

The Bends as an album is a great. It doesn't get enough love these days. It needs a proper anniversary release, but I doubt there is much in the way of demos or alternative takes knocking around. 

25 years anniversary isn't far away. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Fox said:

The Bends as an album is a great. It doesn't get enough love these days. It needs a proper anniversary release, but I doubt there is much in the way of demos or alternative takes knocking around. 

25 years anniversary isn't far away. 

A while back, around the time of OKNOTOK, I think it was Ed who mentioned they could release an 'entirely different version' of The Bends.

I'd love that to happen. Whether this leak means that Radiohead will look to embrace the 'anniversary album' idea to a greater extent then OKNOTOK we will have to see. In was happy with OKNOTOK to be fair with the 3 extras songs and the white tape.

Radiohead don't owe us the volume of content the leaks has given us, and i think we probably need to reconcile ourselves with that. If we get some extra we should just celebrate it, but not expect it.     

I wonder what their issue was with I Promise. It didn’t seem to really change as they worked on it, so I can’t see them struggling to get it right. I mean I get why it’s not a good fit on any post-Bends album, but why the foot dragging with even recording it? Would have been a decent B-side.

7 minutes ago, Sir Percival said:

I wonder what their issue was with I Promise. It didn’t seem to really change as they worked on it, so I can’t see them struggling to get it right. I mean I get why it’s not a good fit on any post-Bends album, but why the foot dragging with even recording it? Would have been a decent B-side.

You're right I Promise is perfect b-side material, don't know why I didn't think of that.

21 minutes ago, Sir Percival said:

It doesn't fit with the OKC aesthetics at all. Would work great on an album with stuff like Attention or Lift. 

22 hours ago, Scatterbrain said:

The sale is officially off!

Bugger! I was going to buy this and didn't expect it to be taken down so soon, if at all.  What's the harm in leaving it up, earning them some extra cash? :classic_wacko:

They made it clear that it will only be up for 18 days. After that all the proceeds will go to charity.

7 minutes ago, no452 said:

They made it clear that it will only be up for 18 days. After that all the proceeds will go to charity.

I obviously missed that 😞  Oh well, but leaving it up would mean even more money for charity in that case.  My own fault for not paying attention.

9 minutes ago, SMATTER said:

I obviously missed that 😞  Oh well, but leaving it up would mean even more money for charity in that case.  My own fault for not paying attention.

Attentioooooooon

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SMATTER said:

Eh it’s all over the web and torrent sites. Wouldn’t take more than 30 seconds to locate. You’re still free to give 18 pounds to that charity too.

• Thanks 1

Just realized I missed the high quality upload of the leaked OKC files to Bandcamp. Anyone got em? What's the difference in quality from the original leak? 128 to 320 or something?

6 minutes ago, Musickiksreal said:

Just realized I missed the high quality upload of the leaked OKC files to Bandcamp. Anyone got em? What's the difference in quality from the original leak? 128 to 320 or something?

Seriously though, the official release is a lossless preservation of the minidisc audio, which in itself is compressed, but it's a different kind of compression to mp3. The leak is more complete because it has all the copyrighted material that had to be edited out, but it is a 192 kbps transcode with some notable compression artifacts and some of the higher frequencies shaved off.