Fuzzyste

18 hours of Ok Computer stuff leaked?

1 minute ago, ranipodtouch said:

gonna see thom next month btw...i tought about asking him to sign a burnt cd rip of the sessions lol

do it. film the encounter. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox said:

I haven't posted here in years, but felt compelled today to sign up again. 

I am listening to the discs with the same excitement i first experienced back when i first traded live bootleg minidiscs & CDs via snail mail with fellow fans on this board as a young man - i found some of them today in fact. 

As much as i feel split about my thoughts on the leak itself (it feels like reading someones diary), i find it more difficult to fathom how this discussion has degenerated so much and been derailed by someone who clearly isn't in line with the spirit of this place. We should be encouraging new and existing users to be part of this board and community, not alienating them with this toxic drivel.  

Hopefully it brightens up soon. 

Are you sure you aren't new here?

1 hour ago, ranipodtouch said:

can u guys talk about how we can get the spilt version instead of fighting?

devilhood posted a Python script to split the tracks a bunch of pages back. I’m an idiot at that stuff but I managed to get it to work.

The leak is certainly more manageable (and enjoyable) once you break it apart.

Edited by KidAmnesiac
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KidAmnesiac said:

devilhood posted a Python script to split the tracks a bunch of pages back. I’m an idiot at that stuff but I managed to get it to work.

i dont have the energy to do that... sounds like it will mess up the original sound....wont it?

12 minutes ago, Spaghettimatt said:

Are you sure you aren't new here?

I guess technically i am new here. I was on the old board (albeit using a different name), so maybe i'm being a little nostalgic to a time when people weren't dicks to each other. 

2 Questions:

1) Where are you getting the Elliott Smith Figure 8 Abbey Road from? I need that lol. 

2) Long Shot request but... @hoserama it’s been many years now, would you consider giving us the full Wake Me soundcheck? I don’t have any cool bootlegs to offer in return, just always wanted to hear the full version. 

9 minutes ago, Fox said:

I guess technically i am new here. I was on the old board (albeit using a different name), so maybe i'm being a little nostalgic to a time when people weren't dicks to each other. 

I had this crap yesterday haha

Well least it wasn't just aimed at me. Been a fan since the Bends!

• Like 1

what on Earth are you saying. This board is an oasis of calm now compared to 2007-16. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Glitchd said:

You literally decided to be an unprovoked dick to me just yesterday about some slang/grammar issue. Don’t go waxing poetic about the old guard. 

Edited by Spaghettimatt

2 minutes ago, Glitchd said:

I had The Bends on cassette! That album was the reason i learnt to play guitar and join a band that recorded its rehearsal sessions on MiniDisc. 

1 minute ago, Spaghettimatt said:

You literally decided to be an unprovoked dick to me just yesterday about some slang/grammar issue. 

I pointed out an error, I dunno, sourced it..

If i was a dick, you've way, way paid me back by still bringing it up a day later!

And you had some weird Low IQ jibe. Like, if your IQ ain't this high, they're off your love list!

Man, if you're like this on a forum about a band the day after the Holy grail unearths... Shit on me and the new guy all you want, but I don't think I'd like to be you, acting with such anger.

You have my sympathy, and I'm genuinely sorry if pointing out a linguistic error is such an issue you need to go on a tirade over multiple days!

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

I had The Bends on cassette! That album was the reason i learnt to play guitar and join a band that recorded its rehearsal sessions on MiniDisc. 

Awesome, similar tale here! Made me pick up the guitar in the first place!

That spaghetti guy now will pipe in: YOU FUCKIN NOOBS, I SAW THEM AS ON A FRIDAY

4 minutes ago, Zane said:

what on Earth are you saying. This board is an oasis of calm now compared to 2007-16. 

2 minutes ago, ranipodtouch said:

we are older now 

I haven't been on here in such a long time that its highly possible that i'm looking back through nostalgia rose tinted glasses. Plus im older now.   

1 minute ago, Glitchd said:

That spaghetti guy now will pipe in: YOU FUCKIN NOOBS, I SAW THEM AS ON A FRIDAY

Naw. Younger. Tbh been a fan since I watched Canal+ concert on I think MTV2. Been on atease since HTTT. 

Just now, Fox said:

I haven't been on here in such a long time that its highly possible that i'm looking back through nostalgia rose tinted glasses. Plus im older now.   

i was banned 5 times lol

but i miss the old icons... we invented emojis ! 

1 minute ago, Spaghettimatt said:

Naw. Younger. Tbh been a fan since I watched Canal+ concert on I think MTV2. Been on atease since HTTT. 

Omg that's...

Fine and dandy with me

Remember the Canal+ stuff, a good good era for this band.

I wonder if there's fans whose first album was AMSP??

(See we don't have to fight!)

2 minutes ago, Glitchd said:

Just listening to disc 10 now and the The Bends (song) is on their straight after the National Anthem strangely. Why is this mixed in with OK sessions?!

4 minutes ago, Glitchd said:

Omg that's...

Fine and dandy with me

Remember the Canal+ stuff, a good good era for this band.

I wonder if there's fans whose first album was AMSP??

(See we don't have to fight!)

I think there are totally new fans. See: reddit. It’s truly wild to read a bunch of dudes discovering the Amnesiac b-sides for the first time... or who have no idea what the memory hole was.

No fight with you. I think the only person I have been truly mean to is Weezer guy and that is because he is 1) trolling with off topic crap and 2) retreading the same tired bullshit arguments about tapers and hoarders that this board has been having since at least the 2006 tour. 

Edited by Spaghettimatt

1 minute ago, Fox said:

Just listening to disc 10 now and the The Bends (song) is on their straight after the National Anthem strangely. Why is this mixed in with OK sessions?!

TO FUCK WITH US ALL

Nah, I wonder.. Thom might have had demos for years. I mean, it's not like he uses every song right away.

With so many minidiscs it isn't a stretch to think some of the material predates the OKC period.

If minidiscs were his way of working, maybe he adopted it when they came out - as early as 92, 93?

National Anthem WAS an On a Friday era song I think, but Citizen Insane has it being tracked as early as 94

Just now, Spaghettimatt said:

I think there are totally new fans. See: reddit. It’s truly wild to read a bunch of dudes discovering the Amnesiac b-sides for the first time... or who have no idea what the memory hole was.

No fight with you. I think the only person I have been truly mean to is Weezer guy and that is because he is 1) trolling with off topic crap and 2) retreading the same tired bullshit arguments about tapers and hoarders that this board has been having since at least the 2006 tour. 

Yay sorry if I came across mean, we friends!

I try not to go on Reddit, but when I have it's fucking crazy to see things like freak outs over disc 2 of In Rainbows existing.

Not a bad thing at all. I wish I could like, get very selective amnesia.

Maybe not the most popular opinion, but if I could trade everything I know and have heard for a blank slate and to be a noob again.. Oh my fucking god. Imagine!

that dude from Memento would have it pretty good with the right attitude

37 minutes ago, ranipodtouch said:

i dont have the energy to do that... sounds like it will mess up the original sound....wont it?

I'm not 100% sure but I think it splits them without re-encoding. Maybe @devilhood can confirm? I don't think he created the script but he seems to know how it works...

• Like 1