Fuzzyste

18 hours of Ok Computer stuff leaked?

11 minutes ago, forward said:

I do wonder where it's from. Conjecture welcome.

Word on the street is that these are ripped from Thom's personal minidiscs.

Maybe he left his garage door unlocked.

1 minute ago, Duff said:

Word on the street is that these are ripped from Thom's personal minidiscs.

Maybe he left his garage door unlocked.

It's obvious they are buuut?

Also word on the street? This is the street. Reddit has no clue, 4chan is mostly people calling one another sandcoons...

What is the origin?

• Like 1

Zimbra traded it with some guy for some unreleased song. I guess the guy he traded with is the origin..unless that guy traded with someone else. Hard to know how those circles work.

2 minutes ago, forward said:

It's obvious they are buuut?

Also word on the street? This is the street. Reddit has no clue, 4chan is mostly people calling one another sandcoons...

No, Discord is the street. That's the street where the leak got leaked in the first place.

The guy also had Bloom stuff so I wonder what else he has access to? 

This is all pretty wild, like there must be 10 songs/sketches we’ve never heard before, I wonder how many tracks they’ve actually got in the vault we are never going to hear. It’s completely blown the door wide open of unreleased material. 

Is this gonna become a police matter? Can you get in trouble if you downlaod it?

Edited by marcohead

30 minutes ago, forward said:

It'll be pretty big. Well, depends if Pitchfork/Rolling Stone/Stereogum/Esquire comment on it.

I'm sure Pitchfork et al will report this. With "Radiohead's management did not respond for comment".

41 minutes ago, marcohead said:

Zimbra traded it with some guy for some unreleased song. I guess the guy he traded with is the origin..unless that guy traded with someone else. Hard to know how those circles work.

Wait Zimbra traded all of these for an unreleased song? By who?

If it was a Radiohead song there are no really holy grails left. Even secondary versions of Lift are more interesting than say Wake Me or Come To Your Senses or Cut A Hole.

Also this is an overwhelming amount of unreleased Thom demos. Easily 30 unheard.

This band was already something else in terms of its forgotten tracks but everything we have now adds to it.

Pretty clear one o these days we'll end up with so many more hours of music. They're definitely phasing out. This has shades of a Thom leak.

6 minutes ago, forward said:

Wait Zimbra traded all of these for an unreleased song? By who?

That's not what I heard.

The story I've been told by people in the Discord server where he released the leak is that he just got hammered by everyone and in the end he released it free.

Someone in Discord now saying the leak came from someone at True Panther, a minor label of XL.

"An intern came down from the north and spent a lot of his money for the chance. Long story short, he was treated pretty badly by the label – dude was paying extortionate London rent and being shamed for it in the office. XL asked for any shitkickers (re: interns) to help out with some 'data shifting.' This was the OKNOTOK reissue. dude realised he was being ripped off and literally ripped all the material as Colin Greenwood sat there

guy has a youtube video there sitting to leak. inspired by people such as Zac Alsop who sneak into high profile events. he wants this to go viral. literally has a selfie camera facing him as Colin sits there in a black jumper looking on

he sold it to a guy in the crew of a well known (fit but ya know it) band. Then someone to traded it to this guy"

EDIT: this guy is confirmed to have been talking utter shit.

Edited by Duff

This guy is now saying insane stuff like LP10 is nearly done and coming out before Thom's LP3. Pinch of salt lads.

I was saying that Zimbra came into possession of this by trading with someone else. Yes, he was persuaded to release it for free in the end.

26 minutes ago, Duff said:

Someone in Discord now saying the leak came from someone at True Panther, a minor label of XL.

"An intern came down from the north and spent a lot of his money for the chance. Long story short, he was treated pretty badly by the label – dude was paying extortionate London rent and being shamed for it in the office. XL asked for any shitkickers (re: interns) to help out with some 'data shifting.' This was the OKNOTOK reissue. dude realised he was being ripped off and literally ripped all the material as Colin Greenwood sat there

guy has a youtube video there sitting to leak. inspired by people such as Zac Alsop who sneak into high profile events. he wants this to go viral. literally has a selfie camera facing him as Colin sits there in a black jumper looking on

he sold it to a guy in the crew of a well known (fit but ya know it) band. Then someone to traded it to this guy"

woah wtf?????

I'm loving this drama. What a time to be a Radiohead fan.

Also, looks like atease has a fire under its ass again! That's the board i remember.

Edited by pleasekeepmoving
  • Like 1

This is absolutely wonderful and the guy did the right thing in the end.

BUT. With this amount of material, I wouldn't be surprised if legal gets involved somehow. Be it with the guy who leaked it or the original source at the label. Someone's gotta pay up for this.