Fuzzyste

18 hours of Ok Computer stuff leaked?

Dusty files, especially for a band of RH's caliber, need to get restored and updated every so often to keep up with newer formats, etc. That process puts old things into the wild. 

Edited by Avoid Peril

They sound like a completely different band on these demos, credit goes to Nigel for actually making OKC what it was. 

• Like 2

The sessions have been leaked. The genie is out of the bottle and it is now the witching hour.

:classic_mellow:

what is WRONG with these people! :classic_laugh:

I started with the shortest one (#17) and was so confused

FILE 17 TIMESTAMPS

0:11 The Tourist - studio take. Unmastered album version. End 5:34

5:44 The Tourist - Same as above? End 11:11

11:25 Polyethylene Part 2 - with its own count-in. Close to album version. Slightly different vocals, less compressed. End 15:16

15:22 Poly Pt 2 - same as above end 19:07

19:10 Fitter Happier - raw album version. End 21:22

21:29 Unknown Demo 1 - thom at the piano. “Everybody wants you but nobody wants you” “Tomorrow night in Paris”. Beautiful. Thom totally going for it. End 25:48

25:55 Unknown Demo 1 (2) - piano only.

27:18 END OF TAPE

:wacko:

fuckin weird!

1 hour ago, Fuzzyste said:

Ok, link is on 4chan. I’ve never used 4chan before and I managed to find it so should be easy. It’s on the music board. 

Found it but looks like the link is dead! 😞

This is like Christmas. An illicit, unethical Christmas.

First track confirms that Exit Music and Life in a Glasshouse were once the same song.

• Like 1

Do you think anything will happen to Zimbra or do you think he’s pretty untraceable? How could you help the band if you have info?

Apparently the guy who was originally asking for money for it was just talked into dropping it free.

He went into a Discord server and just pasted the link... under the name Hoserama. But consensus is that it wasn't Hoeserama.

Edited by Duff

I always thought it was a random guy, but the fact that he called himself horserama means he knew lots about the Rh community?

This is amazing, probably the most interesting and important night I'll have as a big Radiohead fan.

Surreal to hear a full band True Love Waits and think 'okay, what's next?'

...won't even go into the idea of a studio True Love Waits and proper Lifts and Big Boots being out but that's another thing...

Surely this leaked from XL's end? While they were transferring files over and siphoning through them for the reissue?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, forward said:

This is amazing, probably the most interesting and important night I'll have as a big Radiohead fan.

Surreal to hear a full band True Love Waits and think 'okay, what's next?'

...won't even go into the idea of a studio True Love Waits and proper Lifts and Big Boots being out but that's another thing...

Surely this leaked from XL's end? While they were transferring files over and siphoning through them for the reissue?

But why would it take over two years to come out if that’s the case?

1 minute ago, marcohead said:

But why would it take over two years to come out if that’s the case?

Disgruntled employee? Couldn't tell you. But the neck beards and high schoolers on reddit saying this is from the EMI days are idiots. There's no way EMI would have all these discs in an office. Back in 1997 they would have walked in, gone 'where's the album?' and told em 'no single. Make it bigger in Karma Police' or something.

I do wonder where it's from. Conjecture welcome.

• Like 1

I've always really liked Motion Picture Soundtrack but can we admit the synthy-string, Bends, and cassette version of Motion Picture Soundtrack rival the LP version?

For a band so prone to fucking up album versions it's pretty astonishing all four available versions are unreal.

It'll be pretty big. Well, depends if Pitchfork/Rolling Stone/Stereogum/Esquire comment on it.

Or are allowed to.

Life is pretty nice. I'm poor as fuck, 25 and at home, in a shit economy and the generation for the first time worse off than those behind me... but (Sandy) Alex G, Whitney, Pavement reunion, all in a week?!