Fuzzyste

18 hours of Ok Computer stuff leaked?

52 minutes ago, section 917 said:

If anyone really thinks the band leaked this on purpose, you crazy.

i still do.

Does anyone know what correlates to what on the second disc? Trying to manually type in Thom's handwriting (like hieroglyphics) and disc two is all over the fucking place.

21 minutes ago, forward said:

Does anyone know what correlates to what on the second disc? Trying to manually type in Thom's handwriting (like hieroglyphics) and disc two is all over the fucking place.

This seems to be quite accurate: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ranipodtouch said:

we got chelsea. ffs.

We got Palace.

radiohead 1 - zimbra 0 

"Fans have paid artists $391 million using Bandcamp, and $8.8 million in the last 30 days alone."

kinda lets say 600K rise bc of radiohead unless im missing something

7 hours ago, section 917 said:

If anyone really thinks the band leaked this on purpose, you crazy.

Obviously they owe nobody an explanation, and either way what they ultimately did is pretty damn cool, but considering the seeming random nature of the compilations I just find it curious they had it ready to go so fast to upstage the supposed thief/hacker/whatever.

These are far from "complete OKC sessions"..There might not be a complete session of anything on these comp. So that's why it's kind of weird they had multiple copies of something that wasn't really a proper "archive". But there are other plausible explanations, such that it happened while they are digging through old $@$% for the White Cassette (which may have been taken off of disks like these because they didn't actually have proper masters for them...hence their relegation to the cassette). I think this is the far more likely explanation. But it's still curious how it actually happened. I do hope it happens again though LOL (or that they decide to just go big in the 1st place for the anniversary of the Kid A/Amnesiac sessions).

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, reallybigboots said:

Obviously they owe nobody an explanation, and either way what they ultimately did is pretty damn cool, but considering the seeming random nature of the compilations I just find it curious they had it ready to go so fast to upstage the supposed thief/hacker/whatever.

These are far from "complete OKC sessions"..There might not be a complete session of anything on these comp. So that's why it's kind of weird they had multiple copies of something that wasn't really a proper "archive". But there are other plausible explanations, such that it happened while they are digging through old $@$% for the White Cassette (which may have been taken off of disks like these because they didn't actually have proper masters for them...hence their relegation to the cassette). I think this is the far more likely explanation. But it's still curious how it actually happened. I do hope it happens again though LOL (or that they decide to just go big in the 1st place for the anniversary of the Kid A/Amnesiac sessions).

Yes, I think they will now consider on releasing more stuff with KIDADIK since the leak, or at least upload the majority on bandcamp and profit with it knowing how succesful it was. 

I'm personally more interested on the Kid A / Amnesiac sessions than the ones for Ok Computer

Edited by In Portrait

it was a test for kidOKKID 10 cds release .

the test was a success 

radiohead fans will be even cd1 containing thoms snoring.

9 hours ago, AusMakka said:

Noticeable difference there. What you using to remaster it?

Adobe Audition mainly, and a few Waves plugins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, appearcomposed said:

so tired - it's too early - wanna go back to sleep - can't - i'm tired

This is what I come to atease for 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, reallybigboots said:

Of course, because these are not session tapes: these are Thom's personal minidisks. Anything that was recorded in the proper studio sessions is not here. Here we have all demos, samples, live takes and rehearsal takes from the period (summer 1996?) that were deemed interesting enough to keep in preparation for the album recording. And, besides that, there is the minidisk with the final unmastered mixes.

There is surely a separate archive of complete (and high quality) studio tapes, but I bet it's pretty uninteresting stuff. That is, the final takes, a ton of alternate takes, isolated vocal and instrumental tracks, background noises and effects, overdubs, etc. of the songs that are in the minidisk of unmastered mixes (all OK Computer minus Lucky plus Lift and the b-sides recorded during those sessions).

Edited by Twist